Chapter 14

Korra was taken aback by the words that came out of Asami, at first she had thought Asami had
read her mind. Asami looked down at the small space between their bodies. “Asami, baby..” She reached down, a hand on each side of Asami's face. “Look at me, please.” she felt Asami oddly grow distant within the thirty seconds she had said those three words. 

Asami let her eyes close momentarily before sighing and looking up at her girlfriend who was still straddling her lap. “It’s just.. I.. I mean I do. I have for a long time.” she said, becoming more comfortable with her confession. 

“I love you too.” Korra responded. She hadn’t been so sure of anything in her life. The love she felt for Asami had run deep. She was scared of falling, but that fear subsided when she knew that Asami was falling too, and that she’d be there to catch her. “I was going to say it on our way back. I’ve loved you for so long. When I was in my cell, I kept thinking about us. What would happen if I had lost you. That thought alone made me realize how much you really meant to me. How much I truly loved you. So never hide your beautiful face from me, and you never have to hide how you’re feeling, because most of the time; if not all the time, those feelings are reciprocated.” Korra felt her confidence rise with each tiny breath she took when she spoke. 

At the end of Korra’s meaningful speech, Asami pulled Korra down, smashing her lips into hers. Korra and Asami shared a smile during that kiss. It was somehow heated in a different way, passion and now love laced and weaved into their actions. 

Asami flipped them over, Korra now underneath her as she began kissing Korra harder. Asami bit Korra’s swollen bottom lip, pulling on it and letting it go as her green eyes watched it bounce back into place. Korra loved that too about her girlfriend. Whenever she thought she was in control, just like that, she would switch it on her and take her by surprise. 

Korra felt her lover’s red lips over her tight abdomen, Asami nibbled and left some bite marks over her defined hips and stomach. Korra swore that in the time it took her to blink, that’s how fast Asami had removed her boxers. 

“Relax baby, let me take care of you.” Asami said as she lightly pushed Korra to lay back down. Her voice was sweet, seductive and soothing. Korra gave in, melting into the pillows and blankets behind her. 

“Okay. I’m just still pretty tense.” Korra felt it necessary to explain why she was rigid and a bit on edge. Asami was understanding and made sure Korra knew in more ways than one. 

“Shh.. I know my love. Please take a breath, be here in the moment with me. Forget everyone and everything else.” Asami’s voice was harmonious and soft. Asami’s hands traced down Korra’s coloured cheeks, in the darkness she felt and watched her pale skin contrast her own. They slid generously over her chest and she worked and massaged her hands into her breasts. She leaned down and kissed Korra, mixing the sensations of her lips and fingertips. Korra let her mind think of only what she felt. She felt the love in her heart for Asami, she felt the lust and passion in her lips and the wonderful tension that grew in her stomach. She would have described the feeling in her stomach and abdomen as butterflies, but they had always felt like much more. As if there were a whole circus performing, acrobats doing flips, jumping through fiery rings; the excitement, the fear and the adrenaline of it all. 

Asami’s hands had moved down to Korra’s thighs, where she wrapped them around and lifted Korra’s legs over her shoulders. Korra let her strong legs wrap around Asami’s beautiful head, she even pulled her closer with them and felt her lover attack with force. Her tongue indulging quickly, Korra had been so worked up over pleasing Asami that she had already been close. Korra knew she was very aroused, but not to the extent she really was.