- 4 -

- 4 - 

Ep. 9 - Spring Fling

It was a few weeks before PCA's spring fling, and the group of friends was watching a documentary about grass in the girls' lounge.

"Grass: nature's carpet," the documentary said.

"Did you guys know that grass is actually really harmful and is an invasive species?" Caitlyn asked the group. She was sitting on the chair that Chase was leaning against from his position on the floor.

"I hate grass," Michael said. Caitlyn nodded and pointed at him. "And we should!"

"Can we watch something else?" Nichole asked, pulling Caitlyn's attention away from her rant about grass.

"No batteries for the remote, we gotta suffer," Caitlyn laughed. Chase groaned and picked up the remote. "Why are you useless?" he shouted at it. 

"My grandpa said that when he was a kid, he would change the channel from a dial on the TV!" Nichole said helpfully. Caitlyn nudged Chase with her ankle. "Go, loser."

Chase glared at her half-heartedly before getting up. When he got to the TV, he gave a betrayed look to Nichole. "I see no dial."

"Pawpaw lied to me?" Nichole asked herself, also completely betrayed. Caitlyn rolled her eyes, giggling, before getting up to help Chase.

As she was exploring the sides of the TV, Zoey came into the lounge. Caitlyn accidentally zoned out completely looking for a method to change the channel. And when she did, she found a panel of buttons. Pressing the channel button, the TV switched to the Food Network.

"AHA! Praise me, mortals!" Caitlyn laughed, turning around. The group applauded around her. She jumped in surprise when she saw Zoey standing next to Chase.

"Oh! Hey, Zo', when did you get here?" She asked. Zoey rolled her eyes with a laugh.

"I signed us up for the planning committee for the Spring Fling!" Zoey announced to her excitedly. Caitlyn's shoulders fell. "Oh, ew."

"Told you," Chase laughed to Zoey. She just rolled her eyes.

"Isn't Spring Fling like, super lame?" She asked the group. Chase and Michael nodded.

"Yeah, every year they get some lame band nobody wants to hear," He explained. Chase stole Caitlyn's seat by the TV. "And we all sit in the grass, eating luke-warm wieners, wishing we were somewhere else."

Caitlyn knocked his legs off of the arm, sitting down. "That sounds suckish."

"It is," Chase confirmed.

"Well it's not gonna be this year," Zoey claimed, "Because we're gonna be planning it."

"Oh, right, That part," Caitlyn sighed.

Zoey rolled her eyes. "Oh, act excited."

Caitlyn brought her arms up halfway and Nichole groaned in a lighter tone.

"Face it, Zoey, nobody wants to sit outside in the hot sun and see some lame band," Michael stated.

"Well, what if we get someone awesome? Like Drake Bell?" Zoey suggested. The group all sat up in excitement, while Caitlyn raised an eyebrow. "Does he do spring flings?"

"We're gonna get Drake Bell?" Nichole asked excitedly. Zoey nodded. "We're gonna try!"

--

Later, the three girls had gathered by a couch in the back of the lounge to plan for the Spring Fling. Their first order of business would be to book the band, and Zoey was calling the manager of Drake Bell.