- 5 -

- 5 -

Ep. 10 - Backpacks

It was after school one day when Caitlyn was working her usual shift at the BookNook when her friends came in to bother her.

"Sup, losers," Caitlyn greeted the small group. "What brings you in?"

"Hey, Cait, we're just here to stock back up on some Blitz and snacks," Zoey greeted back, going back around to the back of the store. Caitlyn nodded and turned her attention to Nichole and the boys.

"So, why're you here?" She asked. Nichole shrugged and began browsing the candies. "Candy."

Caitlyn nodded before turning her gaze towards the two boys.

"We're here to bother you, of course," Chase said, laughing. Michael laughed and grabbed a magazine off of the rack next to them. "Ooh, Teen Girl, I wonder what's up in the latest issue?"

Caitlyn rolled her eyes, "Why do you care?"

"We're trying to bring out our inner teen girl," Chase explained jokingly. He read a page off the magazine and laughed, taking it out of Michael's hands. "Now, am I more of a warm or cool tone?" He asked, flipping the magazine over to show a fashion article.

"Is dumb tone an option?" Caitlyn asked sarcastically, turning to face a customer and check them out.

"Hey! I take offense to that question," Chase said. Michael grabbed the issue out of his hands. "It's okay, man. You're more of a cool tone, anyway."

Chase nodded and patted Michael on the shoulder. "This is why you're my best friend."

"Hey!" Caitlyn shouted from behind the counter, holding up her wrist with her friendship bracelet on it and tapping on it offendedly. Chase waved her off, making sure to tap his friendship bracelet, "My guy best friend."

Caitlyn smiled at him, satisfied. "Thank you."

They guys continued to flip through the magazine and make fun of it while Caitlyn checked out customers.

"Hey, why's it called the BookNook if it's just the student store?" Nichole asked as Zoey reappeared from the back of the store.

"Gimmick?" Caitlyn suggested. When Nichole looked unsatisfied, Caitlyn rolled her eyes. "Dude, I don't know, I just work here."

Nichole shrugged and continued to browse through the candies on the counter. Zoey stopped by the boys, holding a case of Blix.

"Hey, Zo', they don't have any grapes, do you want raisins?" Nichole asked, interrupting her conversation with the guys.

"No, I hate raisins." Zoey denied pretty harshly. Caitlyn and Nichole shared a curious look.

"Why do you hate raisins?" Michael asked her.

Zoey shook her head. "They're all wrinkly, it's like I'm eating itty bitty old people."

Caitlyn looked at her, shocked. "Pretty strong opinion on some dehydrated grapes!"

"And you say we're sick?" Chase asked with a laugh. Nichole gasped at something on the counter.

"Hey! You have goo pops!" She exclaimed. Caitlyn smiled. "Yup! I love these things, you want one?"

"Yeah, I'll take the raspberry and a lime," She said, grabbing them from the bin. "Hey, Zoey, come over here. You've gotta taste this."

Zoey walked over to see what Nichole was raving about, setting the case of drinks on the counter. "What is it?" She asked, taking the candy from her.