chapter 1 - roses

It was another windy day, flowers flowing in the breeze

It was another windy day, flowers flowing in the breeze. In the small field, there was a small child who had bandages wrapped around their arms, neck, and legs. In their hands was a yellow flower that was plucked from the ground, dirt falling from the stem.

You looked dully past the long stone wall that closed your escape.

Suddenly, a hand touched you and you flinched, trembling at who it could be.

"[Y/N], I thought I told you." The man started. "You aren't allowed past the fences." He said in a serious tone. Fear flashed in your eyes as he grabbed your legs and held you. You clung onto the coat he was wearing with a frown.

"You're lucky we're giving you atleast this much freedom. If I had wanted, I'd have you locked in your room unless needed." He said. The man was known as Seiji, the leader of this fucked up organization.

As he opened the gate to the fence, a woman ran up to him, the woman known as Ichigo.

"Boss, it's time for the weekly exam!" She said with a smile before snatching you out of Seiji's hands. "Be a good girl, okay?" Seiji said sternly. You nodded, but slowly and hesitantly.

You dreaded being with Ichigo. If given a choice, you'd stay with Seiji forever.

Holding you close, she ran back into the facility, and into a room, which she proceeded to lock. "Alright! I'm sure you already know what to do, so be good or I'll have to punish you!" Ichigo said with a smile. You trembled.

As she went into a different room which was connected to this room, you saw a man be forced in.

"H-Hey!! Wh-What is this? L-Let me go!" He shrieked, before falling to the ground. He had a black blindfold over his eyes and was trembling.

"[Y/N], use your quirk and kill this man."

You started to cry. You didn't want to kill, but if you wouldn't you'd be cut open and then stitched back together like a doll.

"N-No! Pl-Please, I'll do anything! Don't kill me!!" He started crying, as you looked at him sympathetically. "[Y/N], Use your quirk now, or you will be punished." Ichigo's voice yelled in your head.

Under the pressure and not wanting to be punished, you accidentally activated your quirk, your eyes glowing red. The man in front of you started screaming, holding his head before falling to the ground, dead.

"That took too long, [Y/N]. Too bad, you'll have to be punished." Ichigo said, you could practically hear her smile through her voice.

"N-No....please...." You trembled, whispering as tears flowed from your eyes. One of the employees walked in and yanked your hair, pulling you to your feet.

You had no choice but to accept your punishment, closing your eyes and biting your lip until it bled.

The employee strapped you into a chair, preparing tools and all sorts of things to punish you. Flinching, a needle was stuck into your skin as you cried.

This process continued on and on for atleast 3 hours before you were thrown back into your room, holding your pillow tightly.

All you wanted was to be free of your quirk, a curse, something that only brought death and bad luck.

You sighed into your pillow, but you realized something.

When you were thrown into the room, the door never locked.

You dropped the pillow immediately and bolted for the door, and indeed, it was unlocked. Slamming the door open, you ran as fast as your legs could go, Ignoring the yells of a older man who was guarding the room from behind you.

As the exit came more into sight, you could see no one was near it. Finally, you'd be free.

Pushing open the exit doors, you felt hope in your heart for the first time.

You kept running, even though it was dark and the roads were only illuminated by the street lights. You ran further into the forest until you felt that you were far enough, and collapsed, breathing heavily.

Water hit your cheeks as you realized you were crying. It was the first time you've actually been outside, feeling real grass. The 'outside' in the facility was just a huge dome that mimicked a field.

You pulled yourself upwards after you'd finally caught your breath. You were still worried that Ichigo or Seiji, or anyone from the organization would find you. You walked deeper into the forest until you could see buildings. The roads were crowded, people walking around.

You were overwhelmed by the amount of people. It was unreal. You'd never been outside. What if someone tried to hurt you again? You couldn't find help. They'd just cut you up again.

Running onto the sidewalk, you kept your head down until you rammed right into someone.

"A-Ah...I-I'm sorry...." A voice unfamiliar to you said. You slowly looked up, your hair covering your eyes a bit.

You trembled, backing up, even though your were on the ground.

"Hey! You okay?" The voice came from a different person, who had spiky red hair that reminded you of Ichigo's black-to-red hair color. You hesitantly nodded.

"What's a little girl like you doing out on in the city alone?" An older man asked, he was a bit bigger than the other two.

You pulled yourself upwards and clung yourself to the one in the middle who had indigo hair and was wearing a weird white coat.

"U-Uhm...." He looked like he was about to explode from surprise. The other two looked in confusion.

"D-Don't...go....please..." You whispered.

—————

Chapter 1 sketch -  [Y/N] (≧▽≦)/