chapter 7 - visiting with a smile

It was raining, as Tamaki and Aizawa watched Kirishima try to get you to play in the puddles; which somehow worked

It was raining, as Tamaki and Aizawa watched Kirishima try to get you to play in the puddles; which somehow worked. Your rain boots were from All Might, with small cartoon drawings of bunnies on the sides. You continued jumping in puddles for a while until Aizawa yelled for you both to come back.

"We're gonna take you to see the festival, [N/N]! You excited?" Kirishima asked, looking over at you. You nodded, you heard from Mirio that there would be sweets; and every child loves sweets. Even mentally unstable ones like you.

Aizawa left you guys to do what you wanted when you arrived at U.A, so you immediately grabbed onto Tamaki's pant leg to follow him around.

"Oh, hey Amajiki!" One of the business course third years waved. "You've got a kid?!" Another yelled in surprise. "N-No..." Tamaki miserably tried to convince them that he didn't have a child. "Jokes aside, come see class I, alright?" One of the students handed both Tamaki and Kirishima a flier.

"Wow, even though theres only a few days left before the festival, everyone's still working hard." Kirishima said in awe.

Suddenly, a dragon like face popped into your face and made you stumble backwards. "Woah!" Kirishima gasped, shielding you. Tamaki just started to shiver.

"Sorry dude! Oh, hey bro!" One of the Class 1-B students yelled, he had silver hair. "W-What even is that..." Tamaki asked, whispering.

"Your class is putting on a live show, I hear!" The 'bad side' of U.A (Mirio and Tamaki supposedly said) laughed, pointing at Kirishima. "You okay, [N/N]?" Kirishima asked, and you nodded. "Ignoring me?! You must be confident!"

Monoma ended up going on a monologue about how Class 1-B would out-do Class 1-A before getting bonked by Yosetsu.

"Hey, where's Kendo?" Kirishima asked. "She's doing the beauty pageant." Yosetsu answered, before walking away.

"Beauty pageant? I never heard a word of that from Mr. Aizawa." Kirishima said, confused.

"Speaking of beauty pageant...I-I'm sure she'll be going all out this year." Tamaki said, hand in his hair.

"Who?" Kirishima asked. "Hado...of course."

The three of you ended up visiting Nejire while she was getting ready.

"Hey, why's [N/N] here? Weird! Tell me already!" Nejire said with a smile, floating over to you.

"Hado's giving it all she's got, Kendo's participating, and shes already built up a fanbase..." Tamaki said. "Just thinking about performing in crowd...feeling nauseous..." Tamaki fell to the ground holding his stomach, and you worriedly approached him.

"I first started competing because Yuyu suggested it, but now I'm in it for the thrill!" Nejire said, with a big smile. "I'm taking home the prize this year! It's my last chance, after all!"

"Y-You've got this..." Tamaki said with a soft smile. "Yup!" Kirishima agreed. You nodded.

||

"That's just about everything." Tamaki said, sitting down at the table, giving you a drink.

"How was it? Feeling comfortable yet?" Kirishima asked, patting your head. You thought for a moment. "Well...everything's really bright and fun...and everyone looks h-happy..."

"So...I wanna have fun too." You said, sipping on your drink.

Tamaki and Kirishima shared a smile and glance. They hoped you would finally be truly happy.

"Um..what are you doing anyway, Kirishima?" Tamaki asked. "Our class is gonna put on a show with music and dancing! We're gonna dance til we're purple."

"I-Is that healthy...?" You asked, sweating. "It's an exaggeration, ha! We're not actually gonna dance that long." Kirishima said, rubbing the back of his head.

"I'll do my best to make it fun enough for you, [N/N]!" Kirishima smiled, you could feel happiness radiating off him.

||

Day of the Festival

||

You, Tamaki, and Mirio were heading towards the stage where Class 1-A would perform. You were interested in what a 'show with music and dancing' was like. You clung to Tamaki, as the show started.

The lights blinded you for a moment, but your heart rate picked up. You were excited.

The music was upbeat and fun, and there were sparkles, confetti, and beautiful lights being shot around. You felt just as happy as those who were dancing up on stage.

"Thank you for coming!!" Jirou yelled out, you covering your ears due to how loud it was. You still watched, and saw as Aoyama became a human firecracker.

"Wow..." You whispered, hooked on the performance.

And somehow...

Darkness felt lifted from you.

You felt cleansed for the first time.

Truly happy.

Do you see this, Kirishima?

She smiled.

She's really smiling.

"Yeah!" You yelled out, smiling for the first time in your life. You were free of the organizations shadow pulling you into the darkness. You felt relaxed.

"She's really smiling." Mirio said, tearing up. Tamaki nodded, smiling at your happy figure. "Look! Look!" You pointed, amazed. "This is so much fun!!!"

The show went on, and you enjoyed the feeling of happiness.

—————

no chapter sketch today, but i'm sure [y/n] smiling is okay <3