Time to run home! (P.S. I'm back)

Ok. Ok. OK! It's been 3 years since I've written ANYTHING. I didn't realize that was the last time had signed into this account. Well damn! I'm sorry to anyone who was following along with this story so long ago. You might have just forgotten about it I don't know. I have no excuse for my tardiness on this... I am 100 percent soooo sorry about it. Anyways, if you are still interested, I can get back to it with this story!

But side note. OMG WTF nearly 2k read on this AND nearly 50 votes. I am so happy. I gave up on writing due to my decline, and dyslexia rearing its head in the last few years. So, I apologize if any words seem slightly out of place. I will continuously go back on the chapters I write if anything is pointed out that looks normal to me.

Here is the next chapter!

So sorry for the wait.

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.--.-.-.-.-.-.--.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-..--.-.—

CJ's eyes looked towards Diego and he greeted her. A small shy smile graced her lips before reality stepped in. She quickly jumped off him as she looked away flustered. "Do not think anything of this Diego." Her tone firm but shy. He raised an eyebrow at her before snickering, "Relax Cariño. I wasn't even thinking about it. You were pretty frightened about that storm though I must say." CJ became more flustered at his seeming mock at her fear. "It's a common thing you know!" Snapping defensively at the boy still laying on the couch.

CJ was in a bit of a predicament; allow the charming young man in from of her to tease her or defend herself. And from her previous encounter with him, she mostly would have chosen the latter of the options. BUT he did bring her in and look after her. Something not everyone on the aisle would have done. And she herself knew if she had concerns that he would have harmed her she wouldn't have allowed herself to become... Vulnerable... Around the boy, she shook the thought of feelings aside. She lost the one person she had feelings towards, or at least thought she did.

She looked back towards the boy on the couch. Her eyes looking at him up and down. "I... ok..." Her eyes snapped away to look at the boys' face to stop her distraction. "Look. Thank you okay. You didn't need to take me in like that. I know, it's pretty... Kind of... Well... Weak..." "CJ relax." Diego said calmly, his voice resonating with her settling her once again. She smiled once again, but more predominant as she looked outside. Her eyes grew wide as she quickly ran to DeVil's front door. Diego followed with his eyes as she looked back in panic. "What time is it DeVil?!" Diego looked toward the clock. "7:14 am, what's the issue?"

Her face became pale, "Harry. He's going to be looking for me. I never came home after a storm..." Diego's eyes widened slightly. "Ahh, how about we get you home then? Yeah, lets you home." He said as CJ nodded in agreement, the two running from the door. Her red coat flicking behind her as her boots tried to grip the ground. Diego whizzed behind her keeping up as he grabbed her arm quickly each time she almost slipped the ground still quite muddy from the rain.

Running past the market their eyes glanced at the food stalls most of the food managed to get saved from the storm. But the stalls themselves seemed worse than their already worse for wear state. CJ looked somewhat concerned, the isle may get better food, but they still don't get enough material to rebuild. And sustain the isle. 'More included, more sustained, more prosperous isle.' Another half-filled promise Mal has made. Things around the Isle needed to change. They need a standing force to bring the Isle up. Most of the people here were petty thieves who needed to steal to survive. Feed their families. Only a few on the isle were actual Villains, that tried to kill the royalty in Auradon.