─ 008

( chapter eight! )
season 1 episode 8
sister from the same mister

𝗔 𝗦𝗨𝗖𝗖𝗨𝗟𝗘𝗡𝗧 𝗔𝗥𝗢𝗠𝗔 𝗢𝗙 𝗛𝗢𝗡𝗘𝗬-𝗗𝗥𝗘𝗡𝗖𝗛𝗘𝗗 𝗣𝗔𝗡𝗖𝗔𝗞𝗘𝗦 𝗔𝗡𝗗 𝗣𝗨𝗟𝗟𝗘𝗗 𝗕𝗔𝗖𝗞 𝗕𝗔𝗖𝗢𝗡 𝗙𝗜𝗟𝗟𝗘𝗗 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗞𝗜𝗧𝗖𝗛𝗘𝗡 𝗔𝗦 𝗤𝗨𝗜𝗡𝗡 𝗦𝗘𝗧 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗧𝗔𝗕𝗟𝗘 𝗙𝗢𝗥 𝗔𝗡𝗢𝗧𝗛𝗘𝗥 𝗨𝗡𝗘𝗩𝗘𝗡𝗧𝗙𝗨𝗟

𝗔 𝗦𝗨𝗖𝗖𝗨𝗟𝗘𝗡𝗧 𝗔𝗥𝗢𝗠𝗔 𝗢𝗙 𝗛𝗢𝗡𝗘𝗬-𝗗𝗥𝗘𝗡𝗖𝗛𝗘𝗗 𝗣𝗔𝗡𝗖𝗔𝗞𝗘𝗦 𝗔𝗡𝗗 𝗣𝗨𝗟𝗟𝗘𝗗 𝗕𝗔𝗖𝗞 𝗕𝗔𝗖𝗢𝗡 𝗙𝗜𝗟𝗟𝗘𝗗 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗞𝗜𝗧𝗖𝗛𝗘𝗡 𝗔𝗦 𝗤𝗨𝗜𝗡𝗡 𝗦𝗘𝗧 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗧𝗔𝗕𝗟𝗘 𝗙𝗢𝗥 𝗔𝗡𝗢𝗧𝗛𝗘𝗥 𝗨𝗡𝗘𝗩𝗘𝗡𝗧𝗙𝗨𝗟. Every morning was the same, each day the Fabray would prepare a well-thought-out meal for each one of her family members. Their preferences were practically ingrained into her brain; Beck liked waffles coated in the richest maple syrup, Puck preferred to go old school with a classic 'English' breakfast. And Beth (whenever she came around) always enjoyed muesli mixed with yogurt and a variety of different dried fruits.

She had also baked a couple dozen blueberry muffins for the school's bake sale which Mr. Schue had somehow managed to rope her into. It was to raise more money to fund repairment for the gym roof. Apparently, after years of it never being tended to the steel scaffolding had started to cave in on itself. However, Quinn thought it was unfair for them to focus more on a tattered school roof when the Glee Club could potentially suffer more. Sam was the one with no funds, 3 members, and props that were practically on life support.

Kurt, Blaine, and some of the other alumni had planned to secretly wire the money made from their treats over to Sam without Mr. Schue ever finding out. Since there were a lot of kids who attended McKinley High School for the Arts it would be very easy to divide the profit. Mike had suggested giving about 30% to the Raise the Roof fund, out of generosity, then transmitting the rest of the 80% over to the New New Directions.

Santana proposed splitting the cash 50/50, that way, everyone could be happy and nobody would be penniless. And Kitty, being the sweet soul that she was, decided that they could just lie through their teeth about every giving the money since each donation was anonymous, and pocket the rest of it for their own personal use.

Quinn had no idea how they were going to pull this off, but she prayed that it would go successfully for the sake of Sam.

" Sheesh, what's the special occasion, did something happen ?" Beth asked inquisitively, practically gawping once she saw the mounds of bacon that filled one of the center plates. "Is it Grandma Judy? Please tell me that she's okay-"

" Grandma Judy is fine," Quinn reassured as she sat at the head of the table with a cup of espresso that had just finished brewing.

"Why wouldn't she be ?"

Beth moved to sit on the countertop with ease, it was probably one of her favourite places to weirdly cozy up on beside her dad's recliner chair. " Don't you remember? The last time you served us up a big breakfast was to break the news that she had fallen down the stairs and was practically in a dazed coma, by the tone of your voice I thought she would...you know.."