─ 010

( chapter ten ! )
season 1 episode 10
audition prt 1

( chapter ten ! ) season 1 episode 10 audition prt 1

" YOU'RE PREGNANT?!"

Those words felt wrong coming out of Kathrine's mouth. Like a permanent sting tracing the cusp of their lips. It didn't feel right, Marley expecting. And it felt even worse knowing that the...kid, wasn't something their mother wanted. They could see it in her face, the sunken frown, hands fidgeting in the crevice of her palms, head bowed and eyes permanently glued to the shag carpeting. A slight numbness coursed through their veins, glance bouncing backwards and forwards from Marley then to Jake as if they were in a very intense game of ping pong, " And you're just gonna keep it ?"

Jake's eyes widened from their next question. Katherine was sure he hated the idea of her mother having another again, mostly due to the stories they'd heard from their Uncle Puck about how scared and panic the two of them had been when Marley had been pregnant the first time around, almost 18 years ago. " Don't talk like that, Kath, we're definitely going to be keeping it."

KATHERINE

I'm a pretty protective person when it comes to my mother. And my father too of course. Family actually means something to me. But when certain members of my so-called family speak out of line, I won't hesitate to subtly drag them back down.

Katherine pinched the bridge of their nose. Of course he'd tried to answer for her, that had been the usual arrangement in their marriage for almost a decade now. They moved closer to Marley, hand outstretched to her shoulder as she leaned up against the bannister. " I just don't understand why you felt the need to keep it a secret from me. I'm your child, flesh and blood ! and that...."  their dark mahogany browns slowly glanced to Marley's stomach, which had already begun to protrude out. " That's my brother, or sister. My flesh and blood. I love you with all my heart mom, but I also want you to think about this. Are you seriously ready to do it all over again? The diaper changes ? feeding ? staying up till the crack of dawn attending to it's every beckon call ? You've told me about what you wanted to do, how you were planning to go to Coney Island and all those other places Nana Millie couldn't take you to as a kid. Do you seriously want to give that up fo-"

" Katherine !" Marley finally exclaimed, causing her child to slightly jump back from the sudden shock of her raised voice, bag strap falling from their shoulder. "Please, this isn't the appropriate time to be having this conversation," her gaze drifted upwards towards the clock, " Just go to school, you'll be late."