45

You couldn't believe that all you could do was wait helplessly for someone to save your ass. You'd at least thought that you were one of those tough girls with the sexy leather jackets who knew self defense and didn't need anyone to come to your rescue, and yet here you were, sitting around with nothing to do but wait. 

"I'm thirsty," you stated with a cough. In truth, you hadn't eaten or had water for at least 12 hours, and you'd bet that that had to be unhealthy in some way. 

"So?" Alice replied with snark. "Get some water."

"I'm gonna kill you so bad," you cursed through gritted teeth. You were restrained a bit too uncomfortably for your taste, but at least you're not... dead? Being an optimist is hard in this situation. 

You think a bit before deciding that the boys aren't coming to save you anytime soon.

 "...Why don't you just kill me already?" You mused as you leaned your head back, deliberately exposing your neck. It glinted with sweat and there sat a few hickeys from moments before. "Use that knife right over there why don't you? Just one strike is all it takes, or are you just scared?"  

She reached for the knife and chuckled darkly. "You're on thin fucking ice, y/n."

"Do it," you challenge.

You wait a few moments but the woman in front of you doesn't turn around.

You laugh to yourself and lower our gaze. "Fucking do it! Isn't this what your father wanted? To spill my blood by your very hands?" You contended, raising your voice each passing second. "You're just a little bitch who follows her masters orders, aren't you? But you know, masters don't need dogs who are pathetic, whimpering sissys. You're useless, you bitch." 

"SHUT UP!" She slams the table and throws the knife towards you with surprising force. It grazes your cheek and stabs into the wall behind you. "You don't understand half of what I go through every single fucking day! You think I want this? You think I want to be a fucking dog for the rest of my life?" Alice snapped, shaking with outrage. "I know what I am. I know my place. And I know what'll happen if, god forbid, I fail to do what I'm told. But you know what? At least I try. At least I try not to become the monster I know that I will be!" 

You sit in silence before laughing again. "I knew it." 

She crouches down against a wall and rests her head in her knees. "You knew what?" She muttered exasperatedly, breathing erratically.

"You were never going to kill me in the first place."

༻✦༺  ༻✧༺ ༻✦༺

"Buckle up boys, we're nearly there." Hyunjin announced. 

Minho sighed. "Hyunjin, sweetie, not now." Sleep deprivation was getting to everyone by now. What time was it now? 3am? 4? Either way, the children need their rest.

 Chan repeated the numbers one by one. "21.3.24.7 27.17.23.15 21.7.14.8."

"Get to the point already you oldass slowpoke," Jeongin grumbles, which is returned by a slap on the forehead.

"No cuddles for you, Innie," Felix smiles wickedly. 

Jeongin cries inside. 

"The numbers to the alphabet don't make sense on their own, right?" Chan starts, counting the alphabet in his head. "But if you go back 2 on each number, it starts to make sense. Basically it would be 19, 1, 22, 5, and so on." 

"Oooooh." They said in unison. 

"Maybe like caeser's cypher?" Changbin added. 

Chan shook his head. "I wouldn't know. The author is too dumb to understand it themselves. It was also 4am when they made it up so it's probably wrong anyways."

"I'm not even going to ask." Jisung shrugged. 

"The message Alice wrote us... it says... save yourselves."  Chan finished.

"Y/n's nearby. We get out from here." Hyunjin says before stopping the vehicle. 

"...Who are you really, Alice?" Seungmin mutters to himself, unable to make sense of what the heck was going on.

"A complicated woman, that's for sure." Minho retorts.

‿︵‿︵ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ・❉・ ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ‿︵‿︵

oh dang. it's been a while, my friends hebsjbfaiefelahb

Do y'all know what's going on with kingdom? I kinda forgot to watch it and now I'm so behind :'( they do be lookin good tho damnn