Alessandra

Third person POV

3 months ago

Alessandra hated trips to the grocery stores.

But on the way back home she realised that she had to grab few things. So she decided to stop at the nearest grocery stores. As soon as she stepped out of her car she regretted stopping here.

It wasn't the best locality. She was about to turn back and head towards her car when she bumped into someone.

She saw it was a girl, around 11, probably, wincing at her injuries.

Alessandra, quickly rushed to help her and started apologizing.

"I am sorry, I should've been more careful."

"Its okay ma'am. I should've been careful too."

Alessandra smiled at her politeness.

She noticed her features and her heart skipped a beat.

Those freckles, the colour of her eyes, the colour of her hair. Exactly like her daughter's.

But, she knew it wasn't her. The police said that she might be dead, its not her.

'I shouldn't get my hopes high.'

She frowned when she saw the bruises on the little girl's wrists. It wasn't because of the recent fall, it looked more painful than that. She didn't want to assume things, but that did look like it was caused by someone intentionally. That she's been abused.

Daughter or not, no child should go through any form of abuse.

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah, it's fine. I am clumsy, I fall all the time."

The girl saw the gaze of the lady in front of her on her bruised wrists, and instantly she hid her arm behind her back.

"Is your wrist okay. That looks painful, you should get it checked."

"Umm, its okay ma'am. Its not as painful as it looks."

"You live nearby?"

"Yeah, just down the block."

Alessandra looked around and saw that the place was no where good for a child.

"Should I give you a ride?"

"I don't think its safe to take a ride from a stranger, ma'am. No offense."

Alessandra smiled.

"None taken. I am Alessandra by the way." She said, and raised her hand, expecting her to shake it.

She just wanted to see if she really is her daughter or not. And the birthmark on her hand is the only way she could confirm it.

The girl shook her hand.

And that's when she knew.

The girl in front of her was indeed her daughter.

"Violetta, but everyone calls me Violet. It was nice meeting you, but I should really go. Bye."

And before Alessandra could do anything, Violet was out of her sights.

Without any second thoughts, Alessandra quickly ran towards her car, and started driving in the same direction, she went. She was trying her best to follow the traffic rules, but she was failing miserably.

She called Alexander, putting it on speaker and placing her phone on her lap.

"Hey love."

"Xander, I found her."