Confession

THIRD PERSON POV

Marcello was ecstatic to have his sister back.

Yet, he busied himself in work, if possible more than he did before she came back.

All he wanted to do was spend some time with her, make up for all the lost years. Get to know her better, whether she still hated pink, whether she liked cupcakes or has anything changed.

But everytime he looked at her, he feels like a failure. How he failed to protect her all these years, everytime she laughs with that usual spark in her eyes, he cant help but think how those eyes might've filled with tears and he wasn't there to wipe those away. Whenever he watched her wince in pain because of her bruises or ankle, he feels guilty that he wasn't there to pick her up.

He broke all the promises he made to her, and this broke his heart. And looking at her everyday, he feels extremely guilty.

So he avoids her.

Violet notice how rarely Marcello used to stay at home, but she didn't feel bad about it. Sure she wanted to bond with him too like others, but she knew that he was busy with his work and not everyone can forget their work for her.

-----------------------

Violet's nightmare have only gone worse, for the past couple of days. There were times where she would wake up and have a panic attack because of it. Gio tried his best to help her, but he knew that if her nightmares continue this way, he wouldn't be of much help. He tries his best to convince her to tell others, but even though she wanted to tell, she didn't want to bother them with her problems.

Everyone noticed how exhausted she looked every morning, and tried to ask her. But she wouldn't tell anyone. She would simply hide her exhaustion with a smile, hoping everyone would forget about it.

They all knew that she didn't have a lavish life, while being kidnapped. They suspected that she might've been abused, but they didn't know to what extent. They didn't know what she is going through, hence they didn't know how to help her.

-------------------------

Marcello once again came back home late.

He entered the home, to find it completely silent.

He went to check on his siblings. Finally, he went to check Violet.

He opened the door to find Violet, trying to breathe but failing miserably. She looked like she might pass out any moment. She was trying to focus on something, but she wasn't able to do so. Tears were streaming down her face, and her she was scratching her arms, to the extent that it started bleeding.

Marcel didn't waste any time to be by her side and holding her arms in his, trying to stop her from scratching.

Violet was still finding it difficult to breathe.

Marcel now placed his hands on her shoulder, trying to get her attention.

"Hey, dove, look at me. Calm down. Focus on my voice."

Violet's attention was now on Marcel. Her once blurry vision was now starting to clear up.

"Listen to me, dove. Try taking a deep breathe for me."

Violet gripped his hand and did what he said, finding it a little difficult.

"Good, now breathe out." To be completely honest, Marcello didn't have any idea what he was doing.

Violet did what he said.

"Great, now lets do it again. Breathe in." Violet took a deep breathe. "Now breathe out."