Its not your fault

THIRD PERSON POV

Violet was nervous. She is going to meet her mom, who is in coma. And she couldn't help but blame herself for it.

Its all your fault.

No its not.

Its because of you she is here.

I didn't do anything.

It shouldn't have been her, but you.

I agree.

"What are you thinking sunshine?"

She looked at her dad, who was driving. He looked at her briefly before turning his attention back on road.

"Nothing." She gave a short reply.

"You look in deep thoughts. You know you can tell me anything, right?"

"Yes dad." Alexander smiled to himself.

"Violet, I know there are many things going on in your mind and you are still young to go through all this. I am not forcing you tell me now, but you need to know that you need to talk about anything that bothers you. Its not good for you to keep all your problems to yourself. You can always talk to me or your brothers or anyone you trust, but tell someone. Once you are ready, only then."

Violet listened to him carefully. She really wanted to tell someone, about everything she has gone through. But all these years, she never really had anyone who cared for her or who she could trust. She was used to people making her feel like she is a burden. David just used her as a punching bag and a maid in their house, her so called 'friends' used her to get their homework done or just someone they could put blame on, Joseph just had a good laugh at her miserable life.

Now, having someone who cares for you and want you to trust them, is something new for her. They make her feel like she matters, her feelings matter, her thoughts matter. And as much as she is grateful of everything good that is happening in her life, she is afraid. Afraid that the moment she lets her wall down, she might end up getting hurt.

"I trust you dad. I am just not used to talking about my feelings. I never had anyone before to talk about it, and now that I do, I don't know how to tell you."

"Its fine, sunshine. Take your own time."

He will realise that it is your fault. If you hadn't met her that day, she would've been here with him, on his side.

"Can I ask you a question?" She asked turning towards her dad.

"Of course."

"Do you think its my fault?" She asked, she needed to know the answer so she could calm her mind.

"What?" Alexander asked completely confused about what she is talking about.

"Mom being in coma. Its my fault, right? If I hadn't bumped into her that, she would've been fine."

Alexander's heart broke at her words. How can she think its her fault? She didn't even know about Alessandra being in hospital. He didn't know how to convince her that it wasn't her fault. They reached the hospital and he parked his car in the parking. Before Violet could open the door, Alexander softly held her hand. This made her look at him.

"Violet, you need to understand that it wasn't your fault."

"But-"

"That day, she was on call with me while driving. She should know it was dangerous. I agree the situation she was in was urgent. Also, the driver who crashed into her car, was drunk. I might sound like a horrible person here, but both of them, your mother and the other driver, were at fault, and not you."

Violet let all his words sink in. She nodded hesitantly.

"If you ever think that this was your fault, again, I will ground you." He said in a playful tone.

Violet giggled at this.

"I am serious Violet. Its not your fault." He said in a stern voice.

"Yes dad." She said with a smile.

"C'mon. I am sure, your mother would be happy to know that you are here, with us, safe and sound."

They both got out of the car and entered the hospital.

They were both making their way to Alessandra's room, when they met Silvio on their way.

"Hey, is everything alright. Is your leg fine Violet? I think I told you not to walk. Are you both fine? Is-" Silvio rambled.

"Silvio, breathe. We both are fine. I am here to meet your mom." Alexander said in a calm tone.

"Oh." Silvio looked at Violet and then his dad, giving him a look which screamed, 'Are you sure?'.

"She knows about it. I will tell you later. Now move and do your work, we need to meet your mom." Alexander said to his son.

"Geez, you don't have to be so rude dad." He said with an eye roll.

Alexander just smiled at him.

They stopped in front of her room and then looked at each other before walking in.

Violet's heart broke when she entered the room.

To see her mom attached to all the tubes, lying on the bed lifeless, broke her heart.

If she didn't meet me-

"Its not your fault Violet. I told you." He said softly, as if reading her mind. He looked at the little girl, whose eyes were now filled with tears.

Maybe I shouldn't have brought her here.

"She will be okay, right?" She asked with a sad voice.

"She is out of danger, but we don't know when she will wake up." He said without taking his voice from his wife.

"She is out of danger." She whispered to herself, trying to convince herself that her mother is fine.

They both were now standing in front of her bed.

"Hey Sandra. Look, our daughter is here." Alexander said, smiling sadly at her unconscious wife.

"You were right all this time. I never should've doubted your motherly instincts. I am sorry." He was now sitting on the chair, beside the bed, holding her hand.

Violet just listened his dad talk. She didn't know what to do.

"I have to go talk to the doctor. Will you be okay here?"

"Yeah."

"I'll be right back." He said before he pressed a kiss on his wife's knuckles. He got up and left, but not before he gave Violet a small peck on her forehead.

Violet gave him a small smile.

She was now sitting on the chair, beside her bed. She wished she knew what to say or do.

When she bumped into Alessandra that day, she was shocked, because she was probably the first person to ask her, if she was okay.

Amelia, the woman who she thought was her mother, was never kind to her.

She felt bad, when she felt jealous, how Brittany mother would pack lunch for her everyday, help her decide what outfit to wear and how they always had a mother daughter day. She wanted to have the same experience, but Amelia would never do that.

Violet was only 8 when Amelia told her to make her own food. She burnt herself doing that, but even then she didn't help her clean her wounds, instead she poured hot boiling water to make it worse. Now she has a nasty burn mark on her arm.

Violet wondered how Alessandra would've reacted on her coming back. She was worried that she would hate her, thinking it was her fault, she was in a really bad accident.

Would she want me to talk to her right now? I guess I should talk about something rather than sitting here like a statue. She thought to herself before saying.

"Hey mom."