Hidden Objectives

Another day is coming to an end on the western hemisphere of Earth. The shining blue marble adrift among a cold and voided nothingness of space.

This beautiful planet has existed for billions of years. It has witnessed every possible historical events. From the moment the first raindrops started filling its rocky ocean floor and cooling its molten surface, to the moment the first living organism took form in the depths of its salty water. From the moment the first plant ever grew on barren soil, to the moment creatures and animals completely dominate the land. It has been a very long journey, yet the planet has only just begun its seemingly eternal existence.

Everything on this planet is dictated by the rules of universal and physical nature, from its mountains, rivers, lakes, oceans, islands, landmasses,... Everything happens according to the flow of a natural balance. Mountains rise and fall, rivers flow and dry up, sea shores constantly change, even the continental landmasses move about on the planet's crust. Nothing stops here, everything change continuously in one way or another.

Due to the perfect distance between it and its star, the Sol. The planet is able to sustain all of the essential components to give birth to life. But the greatest achievement of this world doesn't lie in the fact that it can create life, which is an utter miracle by itself. No, It's greatest achievement is that it created sentient life. In other words, intelligent beings.

These beings call themselves "humans", their intelligent far surpassed that of all other living creatures. Armed with endless curiosity, unmatched ingenuity and the fearsome ability to adapt to anything. These human creatures although weak, slowly but surely dominated the world, which was supposed to be reserved for only the strongest apex animals, according to the rule of nature. And from then on, the world shifted to an entirely new era, an era of man. An era where everything revolves around the existence of one species. An era where humanity rises to absolute undesputable sovereignty of planet Earth, their homeworld.

Through thousands of years of history, through countless ups and downs, mankind reached a stage where they started to question their existence among this vast universe. They started to reach outside of their home planet, in search of more knowledge, in search of life outside of their world. Equipped with advanced technology and thousands of years of knowledge, they built contraptions and vessels and left their home world behind. Venturing far far away into the darken abyss of space.

The second era of exploration has already begun, sparking countless fires that tingle the curiosity of man. And the heat has yet to die down.

Whereas in the previous one, mankind rides the waves of the ocean to new undiscovered corners of their own world. Now, they brave through the oceans of infinite sparkling stars between the void to reach new undiscovered worlds.

---------------------------------------

May 29th 2367 Earth year, 2033 hour. United Earth Council central HQ, Washington DC.

---------------------------------------

It has been a ridiculously long day.

I have been working my arse out since 7 in the morning. Dashing back and forward between the UEC, the USSC and USAF offices non stop.

News of the discovery of an intelligent alien civilization have been blaring all over the public media, from the news outlets to social websites. The people from Earth as well as her colonies and planet states gets extremely excited when the news were first heard.

Apparently the discovery shuttle Teslelon had found and scanned a continental world in the Sarir-B binary star system. Living creatures along with artificially built infrastructures on the planets surface suggest the existence of an intelligent species other than humans, the first one to ever be discovered.