Second contact

The Twin's light have just barely bestowed upon the landscape with their magnificent shine. Peeking above the tip of a far away mountain range and ever so gracefully spin in an eternal cosmic dance as they slowly rise to the vast blue sky. As the moment goes by, their radiant glow further embraces the world, chasing away the reminiscent shadows of the previous shade.

Aluria is already up and going though, cleaning and moving about in the kitchen, preparing it to make breakfast for her family. Being a woman of the farm for her entire life, she has gotten used to waking up early every day, rising from her bed even before the first light from the Twin peeks over the mountain top.

As she put firewood into the oven, her mind start to go over the list of ingredients she will be using for today's breakfast. Some eggs from the chicken coop, some milk, a few potatoes, some leftover bread and whatever her daughters bring back from their trip to the forest just behind their fields. Enough for a small portion of soup that four people could enjoy. It's not much but at least there is food. The same can be said for most of the village's population. Food is present, but not abundant.

Peace was just established for a couple of months, the village's resident have just recently moved back to Mildo after evacuating it several starcyles ago due to the war with the Empire. There weren't much supplies back then, and food had to be rationed. But slowly the village recovers, destroyed infrastructure rebuilt, food and farm products started to become more available. Overall, everything will soon return to normal. Mildo village will go back to it's peaceful and quiet life back then, hopefully.

Aluria walks out of the back door of her family's small cottage and heads toward the small shed off to the side of the house, where the chicken coop resides. On her hand hangs a basket with cloths bedding. The stained and patched-up wooden building has existed ever since the time of her grandfather. The house along with a number of fields surrounding it has been passed down through many generation, same for many other families within this small community. Fortunately for her family, most of the village, including her home, were practically untouched by the war. Only some sections of the wall, some watch towers and some barns in the village center were destroyed.

The chickens run rampant as Aluria move from cage to cage, collecting eggs as she goes.

Twenty eggs total, that leaves sixteen to be sold.

She exit the shed and heads back inside her home. Milk are already in the kitchen, brought by her husband earlier, potatoes have been peeled and prepared the night before and the breads from yesterday dinner are still inside the basket on the dining table. With everything prepared she proceeds to start the fire in the oven and lay the old cooking pot on the stove after filling it with water.

She begins making breakfast for her family as the light from the Twins steadily wiggles itself through the windows and cracks on the wall, illuminating the small and cozy home with warm golden light. Particles of dust in the air further illuminate the rays of light, creating mesmerizing golden patches floating in id air. Slowly a delicious fragrant of hot soup and bread spread throughout the kitchen before engulfing every corner of the house, leaking to the outside field.

As Aluria prepares breakfast, she can't help but notices that something is off. Usually around this time, even before the fire of the stove were lit, Elaa and Evaa voices could be heard chirping in the distance. Both of them would always return while arguing about some miscellaneous topics. They would bring back whatever they managed to collect and add it to breakfast, be it herbs or mushroom, sometimes even small fishes they get from the nearby stream in the woods. She decided to postpone her cooking and wait for her daughters to return. So she proceeds to clean around the house in the mean time. Thinking that they may have been going to the village center to do something, as they always do every time they come back late. She sweeps the floor, collect dirty garments to wash later and tidy up every rooms in her small home. She cleans as minutes go by and returns to resume her cooking after she was done. At this point, breakfast is almost ready and hour vier has arrived for quite some time. Yet there are still no signs of her daughters anywhere.