mark her [twenty-five]

𝖉𝖗𝖔𝖜𝖓𝖎𝖓𝖌

Seline tries avoiding Stiles for the next few hours. It was like a game of cat and mouse. He would find her, and she would manage to escape, thanks to the distraction of Malia. What would she even say to him? 'Hey, Stiles. Sorry, I lied to you about where I was going. I needed to be away from you, so the fox possessing you doesn't hurt me.' That wouldn't exactly have been the best conversation. They were now all in group therapy. Morell thought it was a good idea to seat the exes next to each other.

Seline could feel Stiles' eyes burn into the side of her head, but her eyes stayed glued to her hands. Rubbing her finger where her rings used to be, she felt guilty.

Morell started speaking, "I want to go back to the subject of guilt."

"How ironic" Seline mumbles under her breath. Malia bites back a laugh as she hears, making Seline glare at her.

"It might surprise you to hear guilt is a good thing," Morell's gaze stayed on Seline, making Seline want to rip her eyes out of her socket. "It's a rather mature emotion. Seline, you said something about guilt the other day. What was it?"

Seline was getting to the point of homicide. What was Morell trying to do? "I said it felt like something keeps nagging at me to apologize and fix things."

"Guilt can often make you feel the need to fix things. It can also be physical like Malia told us. You feel it in your gut. It's not just psychological. Stiles, what about you?"

Stiles looks up, "Huh?"

"Guilt," Morell repeated. "How does it make you feel?"

"Nervous," Stiles's voice was shaky. Seline could feel the waves of anxiousness roll off of him. Her eyes move to Stiles for the first time since the therapy started. He was already looking at her, his eyes glazed over. He looked like he was about to panic. She sends him a small smile of reassurance. He visibly relaxes.

"Like a sense of urgency," Morell nods, noticing the tension between the two teens. "You feel an urgent need to make up for something you've done. To apologize." Morell turns back to Seline, "Seline, what is one situation where you have felt guilty?"

Seline digs her nails into her palm, stopping herself from shifting. Stiles, seeming to have noticed, whispered, "Angel, it's okay. Breathe."

The sound of his voice eases the Angel up a bit. She looks up at Morell, "I really don't want to talk about it." Morell just nods.

"Does anyone know what we call someone who doesn't experience guilt?" Morell asks. Oliver answers, "Sociopath."

"That's right," Morell applauds. A wave of crushing anxiety hits Seline. It wasn't her though, it was someone else's. Her eyes scan the room and stop when she sees Stiles. He looked like he was about to explode.

Seline notices something on his neck. They looked like veins crawling from his neck. Worry washes over her. Was he okay? Morell follows Seline's gaze.