Sneaking

Peter tiptoed into the lobby, avoiding the guards and staying out of the view of the nightshift employees.

He cursed quietly under his breath as he neared the elevators and saw Happy coming down the hallway, towards where he was hidden by an aesthetic looking plant.

He reversed and bumped into the wall, causing him to jump and knock the plant.

Happy sped up, when he heard a rustle and dull clang, around the corner. He made the turn and held his hand to his earpiece, ready to call someone to assist. But he stopped when he didn't see anything, just an off-centred plant that was turned the wrong way.

He looked around again, re-angled the plant, and then went back to his patrol on the ground floor.
He had to see security about the measures that would need to be in place for Tony's schedule the next day. He always would quadruple check to make sure that measures of protection were correctly in place, with 3rd 4th and 5th backup plans.

Peter allowed a deep sigh of relief and lowered himself to the ground, having jumped onto the ceiling to avoid his father's personal bodyguard. Why he was called 'Happy', he didn't know. He literally NEVER smiled. Then again, maybe he was just happy on the inside.

Peter pressed the elevator button and waited impatiently as the things went down through the floors.

A young girl, the daughter of one of the older interns, stepped up beside him.

"You look funny." She poked his knee, her head only coming up to the top of his leg.

Peter smiled and crouched in front of her.

"I know I do."

The girl tilted her head curiously, "you look like mommy when she goes out with auntie nanda and comes back smelling icky." The little girl scrunched her nose.

Peter nodded in understanding and ushered her away from the elevator, towards where he'd seen Happy heading. She was safe in the building and if she went too close to the main doors, without her mother, the security would be notified.

He sighed in relief as the metal doors opened and he could finally step into the confined space that would lead him to his room.

The doors closed and he leaned against the side, exhausted.

"J, take me straight to my room. No pit stops."

"Yes, Peter." The AI responded, making him smile in relief that they wouldn't be acquiring any unwanted company, before they got there.

He allowed his aching head to rest against the cool wall and waited as the elevator moved fluidly upwards.

He had been scouted as a model for Vogue a year ago and had somehow managed to keep it 'hush hush' from his family. Through Vogue, he had gotten a small part in a short film. It was a cameo role, of sorts. That lead to doing the voice acting for an animated kids film, called 'Onwards'. From there, he had been spotted by the amazing Russo brothers and asked to audition for their new film.

That had been a month or so back and he had done as asked, auditioning though not believing he would get it. Shockingly, he was chosen as lead male- Cherry, as the film was called.

He had been reading the script in his free time but that evening he had decided that he needed a bit of fun, so he had headed down to a club near his Aunt May's house.

Hence, the black boot-heels in his hand, the latex corset with the leather pants and the makeup. He looked tired and hot, a hot mess.

He had danced with several guys and had done a unit on the stage, but he had ultimately decided that he needed to get home, before anyone noticed that he was missing.