Clint Pt2

Clint followed him into the room and Peter stepped to the side, as he allowed the older man to walk further into the nursery, hanging back for a moment to close the door properly.

"Wow. This definitely doesn't look like a storage room, anymore."

Clint agreed, as he spun a 360 on his heel.

He got distracted by the ajar door that lead through to the baby clothes and headed towards it.

While he was sufficiently distracted, Peter made his way over to the cots.

He checked each one and saw that they were all squirming about slightly uncomfortably,meaning that they must be needing their nappies changed.

Peter decided to work from biggest to smallest, lifting the sleeping Felix from his cot and carrying him towards the changing table, where he placed him down gently and set about getting him changed.

Clint had finished perusing the wardrobe and had travelled across the room, to stand near the window area, watching interestedly as Peter buttoned up Felix's baby suit.

Luckily, Felix was still asleep, despite a few lingering moments where he had looked to wake up. Only to then settle back down with little snotty snores.

Peter placed Felix back into his cot and did Nova next, much in the same routine, but with less hassle and more gurgles of discomfort.

"I know baby, but you needed your nappy changed." He responded to one particular gurgle, as her face scrunched up in conjunction to her sounds.

"This is so weird." He glanced over at Clint with a raised brow, turning his attention back to Nova but listening for anything further to be said by the older man.

"Hm?" He prompted slightly, when the man's silence extended beyond what was comfortable.

"Nothing bad, it's just weird to see the boy that we all helped to raise from a baby, caring for a baby of his own."

Peter nodded and finished powdering and re-securing Nova's nappy under her long-sleeved, white singlet.

He lifted her and rocked her gently as he moved over to her cot, placing her inside.

"I guess it would be a bit strange for you." He offered as he lifted Chester from his cot, seeing that his eyes were starting to open slightly. He was waking up fully, so Peter decided that Clint would be allowed to hold him while he changed Holden.

"Hey baby, you awake?" He tickled the baby's belly playfully and Chester moved his arms around slightly, his eyes still trying to open.

"That's okay baby, just try not to cry until I have you changed." He whispered to the wriggly baby, setting him on the changing table.

"So, what are all of their names?" Clint asked, wandering closer to Felix and Nova's cots.

Peter looked over at him with a smile, grabbing the baby powder for Chester as he nodded at the lower cot that Clint was stood in front of.

"The bottom cot is Nova, she's the only girl." Clint nodded and pulled it fully open, so that he could see her properly.

"She has your cheeks and maybe your nose, but I can definitely see the father's features in there." Peter nodded and finished changing Chester, who now had his hand in his mouth and his eyes wide open, watching him.

Peter pulled a funny face at the baby and scooped him into his arms, moving over to Clint.

"The cot above her is Felix, he's the oldest." Clint nodded looking at the sleeping baby that was rolled to face them.