New mission

It was an hour later, when he finally decided to head down and see his family. His family who he had been looking forward to being away on their mission. Not at home.

He walked slightly stiffly and winced when anything brushed his side or back, but it was much less noticeable than before.

The bruises across his arms and face were gone, as well, and that surprised even him. His healing factor wasn't usually that fast.

But he wasn't about to start complaining, not even if his powers had become stronger.

He had been reading his script for the past hour. The one for his role in the Russo brothers' film. And he was now fairly confident that he would be able to personify the character correctly.

The only concern that he now held was when he read the side notes that described the character's appearance. If he was interpreting it correctly, he would be having all his hair cut off.

He didn't exactly know how he would explain himself getting a buzz cut to his family. There was no way that they would buy him wanting his hair done that way. They knew how much he liked his hair, as it was. Perhaps he could pass it off as a forfeit in a game of dares? They all knew how much MJ and Ned liked playing dares. Well, perhaps not Ned especially but, they didn't know that.

He walked into the living area and saw everyone sitting around the dining table.

"Ah! Peter! I was just about to call you down for supper!" His pops called. Bringing the last of the food over to the table, from the kitchen.

He was wearing a pink love-heart apron that said 'Kiss the chef'.

It made him smile, remembering when his dad originally bought it and pops swore up and down that he would never wear it.

"How was your day?" He asked his dad, curious about what he'd actually been up to.

"Oh, you know, this and that. Board meetings. Old men in suits complaining about data that they don't understand." Tony spoke casually and, if Peter was anyone else, he may have believed it.

As it was, he was his son and therefore, he knew exactly when he was being evasive. Plus, his heartbeat blipped, which usually happens when someone tries to lie to your face.

Having a mean poker face means shit when the other person can hear your heartbeat. Again, something his dad didn't know.

"Really?" He leant closer, his elbows resting on the table, while he adopted an interrogatory air. He tried for nonchalance, but he saw as every avenger stiffened slightly and attempted to act like they weren't just listening to he and his dad's conversation.

He stared at his dad intently, not letting up for a long few minutes. However, he finally decided that no matter how much his heart increased, his face wouldn't break the act.

"Okay." He shrugged and sat back, acting like he was letting it go, completely surprising the group. Many of which looked at him with questioning faces.

"So, Clint," he called as he scooped some food onto his fork, "aren't you meant to be in Cairo, right now?" He put it into his mouth and watched as his uncle spluttered in surprise, getting a smack up the back of his head from Aunt Tasha.

"I know you want something. Tell me Peter. Why are you only targeting the weak-minded? Are you unable to get what you want from someone stronger like myself of your Pops." She spoke in Russian and he frowned as he listened closely. He was fluent in Russian but, when she spoke, Aunt Tasha had a strong accent.

"Why are you all lying to me?" He spoke in English, making everyone look at him in fake confusion.

"No one's-" Steve went to say, but he cut him off by holding up a hand.