Kiss Me

"So, when are you next seeing Alex?" I asked, glancing up at Luis who was standing opposite me, leaning against the wall.

"I'm not sure." He replied, a soft blush heating his cheeks. "It's just weird at the moment. It feels like there's so much pressure when I'm texting him but its so stupid because we've been friends since we were six, and I've met up with him nearly every day since."

"Just try not to think too hard about it. I know it feels different but the only thing that's changed is that if you ever feel like leaning over and giving him a kiss, you can." I grinned as his blush deepened.

"I never really thought of it like that."

"Go on and text him! I'm sure he's feeling the exact same way." Luis glanced up at me with a smile before pulling out his phone and typing out a quick message.

"It feels like my hearts in my throat."

"I bet." We broke out into loud laughter.

"How was your week?" He asked, leaning over to grab a crisp out of the bag I was holding.

"Not bad actually. I went on a date." I wriggled my eyebrows.

"A date huh?" I jumped, turning around to see Sami leaning against the door frame. "Anyone I know?"

"How am I supposed to know who you know?" I asked with a laugh, hopping down off the counter.

"You have that sort of know it all look about you." He replied with a shrug. He walked over to Luis and ruffled his hair. "Get lost kid, Mom wants you." Luis scowled in response, shaking him off before standing and walking out, his footsteps heavy.

"What's his name?" He asked, hopping up to sit on the counter where I'd just been.

"Iago." A thoughtful frown passed across his features.

"Looks like a human sketch pad Iago?" I couldn't help the laugh that ripped from my throat.

"Yeah, that's him."

"He used to come here with his family as a kid."

"Yeah, he said. What was he like?" I asked.

"Shy. Mom would always try and make him laugh cause all his parents did was argue." I felt my heart clench but ignored it.

"You should be careful with him though. He's trouble."

Fast approaching footsteps cut off my reply and we stood there silently as his dad walked in.

"Mila! How are you?" He asked. Unlike his wife, his Spanish accent was still strong.

"I'm good thank you! How have you been?"

"Good, good." He replied, turning to face Sami.

"Sami, when will you cut your hair. Its too much..." He paused and gestured wildly around his head, mimicking Sami's unruly curls. Sami rolled his eyes.

"Papà-"

"I know, I know what he'll say." He turned to me and tensed his jaw exaggeratedly. "Its the style." We began to laugh uncontrollably as Sami scowled in protest.

"Alright, alright, I'm going." He winked at me before walking off towards the kitchen.

I waited until he was out of sight before hopping up onto the counter and leaning my head against Sami's shoulder affectionately.

"How was the date?" He asked, looking down at me.

"Pretty terrible actually." I replied, removing my head from his shoulder.