Birthday Girl

"Hello?" I groaned, fighting to open my eyes as my ring tone jarred me from my sleep, the morning light slithering in through the curtains

"Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear Mila, happy birthday to you!" I laughed, the familiar voices of my family echoing through my phone as Iago shifted grumpily beside me.

"Ah that was beautiful." I grinned; my voice still rough with sleep.

"Still asleep at this time? Who are you and what have you done with Mila." I rolled my eyes at Jay's voice, turning onto my side away from Iago.

"How do I switch this to face time?"

"Wait mum, let me just put something on-"

"Oh, you just press the camera looking button on the-"

Wait.

Facetime?

I turned towards Iago, shoving him roughly as I gestured frantically in the direction of the floor.

"Huh?" He grumbled, barely lifting his head.

"Get on the floor." I hissed, covering my microphone. "My family wants to FaceTime."

Realisation seemed to dawn on him, and I cursed internally as a smirk passed across his features.

"Family huh? Well, let me introduce myself."

"Iago you're half naked in my fucking bed my mum will shoot me now get out-"

"Mila? Is someone there?"

"No mum! Don't worry, its just Nadia coming back to get something."

"Oh Nadia!! Tell her to come and say hi!"

"She's running late, she has a..." I shooed Iago away as he continued to watch me struggle, an amused smirk still plastered on his lips. "A lecture!" I achieved finally.

"Mila its Saturday." Came mum's suspicious reply.

"Well, you know Nadia, always the over achiever." I replied, cursing myself.

"Mila you'd better be dressed!" Was the only warning I got before the accept call option for FaceTime flashed across my screen.

"Iago, I swear to God if you don't get out of this bed..."

"Fine, fine." He agreed, his frustrating smirk ever present as he climbed over me. "Happy birthday." He whispered placing a closed mouth kiss against my lips as he went.

I breathed a sigh of relief, covering my chest with the blankets as I finally answered the call.

"Jesus, took your time." Kira said, her grinning face appearing on my screen. "Happy Birthday!" I grinned as she lifted the phone to reveal her family, Jay's family, my mum and Léna gathered in our sitting room.

"Thank you! What are you guys doing up so late?" I asked, putting on a fake strict voice as I took in the hoard of younger siblings camped out on our sofa, covered with blankets.

"Cause we miss you Auntie Mila." Mumbled Jay's younger sister with a pout.

"Mhmm." The rest agreed in unison.

"I miss you guys too." I replied with a pout. "But I'll come and visit soon!"

"You better!" It was Léna this time, snatching the phone out of Kira's hand jokingly before demanding to know if I'd received her gift yet.

"I'm not sure." I replied, laughing at her. "I haven't been up to check the mail."

"Slob." She answered with a grin.