Easy

'Take it or leave it' The words echoed though my brain for the thousandth time that day as I made my way into work. 'Take it or leave it.' As if I could just accept that Iago would be in danger forever, that he would always belong to someone else.

I'd taken it of course, in the moment, I'd pressed my lips against his and told him that I was with him no matter what.

But the longer I thought about it, the more I wished I'd left it. Not because I wanted to leave him. Never because I wanted to leave him. But because I wanted him to know that he wasn't alone and that I would never give up on him, even if he had.

"You okay?" Sami asked, dragging me from my thoughts.

I paused, looking at him properly for the first time since I'd arrived at work and frowning at the light sheen of sweat on his forehead.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Are you?" I replied, unable to take my eyes off his hand as it shook under the light weight of the pan he was washing.

"You don't seem it." He replied bluntly, but his gaze was concerned.

"Neither do you." He grunted in response, eyes flickering away from me.

We continued to wash the dishes in a weighted silence, each of us occasionally glancing at the other but looking away before we could make eye contact.

I sighed softly, watching him closely out of the corner of my eye as he worked. His hands were trembling slightly and there was a greenish tint to his normally tanned skin. His throat bobbed uncomfortably, his Adam's apple rising and falling as he swallowed back what I was sure was a wave of nausea.

"Sami-"

"I'm fine." He insisted, but he didn't pick up another dish, instead opting to hold the edge of the sink in a white knuckled grip.

I swore internally, setting the plate I was holding on the counter and turning to face him, before bringing my hand up and letting the cool back of it press against his forehead.

He moaned miserably, leaning into the touch.

"Jesus Sami, why aren't you in bed?"

"No one to cover my shift." He mumbled, sighing softly as I brought my other hand cup his cheek, removing the now warm one from his forehead.

"You should've called me earlier."

"You needed an evening off." I rolled my eyes.

"You needed one more." I said, pausing as I gave him another once over. "God, you're a mess."

He nodded mutely, wincing slightly as I removed my hand from his face.

"Alright. C'mon, you're going to bed."

"Mila there's so much to clean up and do-"

"And I'm here to do it. All you're gonna do is give me whatever disgusting flu you've got and then your mum will be out of two workers." I smiled as I watched the fight leave his body, the mention of prioritising the restaurant more than enough to get him moving. "Go on, I'll come up and let you know when I'm finished."

"Thanks Mila." He mumbled, undoing the apron from his waist and heading out of the back room. My soft smile dropped as I turned back towards the mountain of dishes.

Fuck. This was going to be a long night.

"Hey Sami?" I asked, pausing outside his bedroom door. It was long past midnight and it felt alien to be in my boss's house so long after closing.

"Mhmm?" Came the muffled groan from inside, which I took as an invitation to make my way into his room.

Sami was laid out on top of his sheets, shirtless with one arm bent over his eyes to hide them from the light. The dim glow did little to illuminate the room but highlighted his naked torso and I watched, speechless for a moment, as his muscles contracted and expanded slightly with each breath that he took.