Norbert the Norwegian Ridgeback

Rosabella's Point of View:

Quirrell, however, must have been braver than we'd thought. In the weeks that followed he did seem to be getting paler and thinner, but it didn't look as though he'd cracked yet.

Every time we passed the third-floor corridor, Harry, Ron, Hermione and I would press our ears to the door to check that Fluffy was still growling inside. Snape was sweeping about in his usual bad temper, which surely meant that the Stone was still safe. Whenever Harry passed Quirrell these days he gave him an encouraging sort of smile, and Ron had started telling people off for laughing at Quirrell's stutter.

I took it a step further and hexed people if they did which made them stop even faster and less likely to do it again. My brothers, particularly Jason and Jacob, were certainly confused on why I kept defending Quirrell. I've lost times of the amount of times I've hexed Jason and Jacob for teasing Quirrell. Hogwarts is lucky another prank war hasn't started.

Hermione, however, had more on her mind than the Philosophers Stone. Hermione had started drawing up study schedules and color coding all her notes. Harry, Ron and I wouldn't have minded, but she kept nagging us to do the same.

"Hermione, the exams are ages away." I said as kept charming paper airplanes to charge at Michael.

Michael thought it was Jason and Jacob and kept yelling at them to stop.

"For the last time!" Jason yelled back.

"IT'S!" Jacob yelled.

"NOT!" Jason yelled.

"US!" They both yelled together.

I buried my head in Harry's shoulder to smother my laughter.

"Ten weeks! That's not ages, that's like a second to Nicolas Flamel." Hermione snapped.

"But we're not six hundred years old." I reminded her and laughed again as Jason, Jacob and Michael continued there shouting match.

"IT'S COMING FROM YOU DIRECTION!" Michael yelled.

"Oh, I'm sorry!" Jason said sarcastically.

"We didn't realise we were the only people in that direction! And they say your the smart one!" Jacob said, voice heavy with sarcasm.

"Anyway, what are you studying for, you already know it all." Ron said to Hermione.

"What am I studying for? Are you crazy? You realize we need to pass these exams to get into the second year? They're very important, I should have started studying a month ago, I don't know what's gotten into me . . ." Hermione said.

I rolled my eyes.

No one gets kicked out of Hogwarts for bad grades. The whole point of the school is to educate you.

Lucas now stepped in.

"Have either of you three heard of this glorious thing called inside voices? Stop yelling!" Lucas had to say loudly to be heard over them.

They all whipped their heads round to look at him.

"If they just cut it out I wouldn't be bothered! Just because you two don't see value in studying doesn't mean that all of us do!" Michael snapped.

"For Merlins sake, Mike! It's not us!" Jacob said.

"Then who is it?" Michael demanded.

They all then suddenly stopped talking and looked at each other. There eyes then started to wander towards me.

"I think this is my cue to go to bed. Night!" I said and dashed up to my dorm before my brothers could get hold of me.

"Demon child!" Jason yelled after me.

I laughed hysterically as I entered my dorm.

Unfortunately, the teachers seemed to be thinking along the same lines as Hermione. They piled so much homework on us that the Easter holidays weren't nearly as much fun as the Christmas ones. It was hard to relax with Hermione next to you reciting the twelve uses of dragon's blood or practicing wand movements. Moaning and yawning, Harry, Ron and I spent most of our free time in the library with Hermione, trying to get through all our extra work.

"I'll never remember this." Ron burst out one afternoon, throwing down his quill and looking longingly out of the library window.