Consequences

Rosabella's Point of View:

The plan to get Norbert to Charlie had not gone as smoothly as we hoped. It all went according to plan intill Hermione and Harry forgot to put the cloak back on before they descended the stairs and were caught by Filtch. Neville had gone out to find them because he wanted to warn them about Malfoy. As a result, Hermione, Harry and Neville lost 50 points for Gryffindor each. 150 points. Let's just say the others house did not take kindly to it, apart from Slytherin of course.

At first, Gryffindors passing the giant hourglasses that recorded the house points the next day thought there'd been a mistake. How could we suddenly have a hundred and fifty points fewer than yesterday? And then the story started to spread. Harry Potter, the famous Harry Potter, their hero of two Quidditch matches, had lost them all those points, him and a couple of other stupid first years.

Harry went from being one of the most popular and admired people at the school and Harry was suddenly the most hated. Even Ravenclaws and Hufflepuffs turned on him, because everyone had been longing to see Slytherin lose the house cup.

Everywhere Harry went, people pointed and didn't trouble to lower their voices as they insulted him. Slytherins, on the other hand, clapped as he walked past them, whistling and cheering, "Thanks Potter, we owe you one!"

Only Ron and I stood by him.

"They'll all forget this in a few weeks. Fred and George have lost loads of points in all the time they've been here, and people still like them."

"Do you know how many points Jay, Jake and I lost during our prank war? Everyone still likes us. They'll get over it eventually." I said comfortingly.

"Neither of you have ever lost a hundred and fifty points in one go, though, have they?" Harry said miserably.

"Well - no." Ron admitted and looked at me for support.

I didn't know what to do.

If it was just a few people I could just hex them but I can't hex the entire school. Harry had even considered resigning from the Quidditch team but Wood defiantly refused to let him. Harry said that most the Quidditch team were being quite cols towards him, apart from Jason and Jacob, who weren't being cold but not their usual joking selves around him.

Hermione and Neville were suffering, too. They didn't have as bad a time as Harry, because they weren't as well - known, but nobody would speak to them, either. Hermione had stopped drawing attention to herself in class, keeping her head down and working in silence.

Harry told me he was almost glad that the exams weren't far away. All the studying he had to do kept his mind off his misery. Harry, Ron, Hermione and I kept to ourselves, working late into the night, trying to remember the ingredients in complicated potions, learn charms and spells by heart, memorize the dates of magical discoveries and goblin rebellions. . .

Then, about a week before the exams were due to start, Harry's new resolution not to interfere in anything that didn't concern him was put to an unexpected test. We were walking back from the library one afternoon, and we heard somebody whimpering from a classroom up ahead. Harry and I glanced at each other. As we drew closer, we heard Quirrell's voice.

"No - no - not again, please -" Quirrell stammered.

It sounded as though someone was threatening him. Harry and I moved closer.

"All right - all right - " we heard Quirrell sob.

Next second, Quirrell came hurrying out of the classroom straightening his turban. He was pale and looked as though he was about to cry. He strode out of sight. I don't think Quirrell had even noticed us. We waited until Quirrell's footsteps had disappeared, then we peered into the classroom. It was empty, but a door stood ajar at the other end. Harry and I were halfway toward it before Harry seemed to remembered what he'd promised himself about not meddling.

"You may have promised yourself something but I didn't." I said and was about to continue what I was doing.

"Gryffindor can't afford to lose anymore points!" Harry insisted.