40. Meeting

A/N: Just a head's up the format of this chapter might not be the best. I recently got a new laptop without microsoft word starter. I had to type half of this chapter on wordpad. I apologize for any editing problems worst than normal.

Please let me know if any words are misspelled or any bad editing problems. Thanks! Hope you enjoy!

40. Meeting

    The run through the woods back to the house was quicker than I anticipated. Edward was at my side with Jacob trailing behind us. His wolf form seemed to vibrate the entire ground as we ran. There was a strange odor coming from him as well that seemed to burn the inside of my nose. When we made it to the river separating the house from the forest, Edward began to slow. I followed his lead curious about the reason for his change of pace. I was slowly learning that my body reacted instantly without much thought to my next move. We could have easily made the jump while running. Edward eventually stopped before turning toward me. It was strange that one minute I was accosted by the overwhelming thirst and the next I was accosted by my feelings for Edward. I had assumed that things would be a lot different in this life if I was ever turned.

Edward had made things clear. He was a monster and there was a reason he was. He had thirsted for my blood while I was human. Surely things were worst for him than for me. Though, I felt somehow different. In the back of my mind I knew that for a few more years I would struggle with my thirst. There would come times when it would grab ahold of me and never let go. For now, though, with this man at my side and two children waiting to meet me at home, I could handle anything. I had gone through the worst a person could possibly go through and I survived. I pulled through because of the people at my side and the people I not even met yet.

“Edward? What is it?” I asked as we stopped. I could tell something in Edward’s demeanor had changed. His fingers were tightening and his eyes were narrowing. He looked at me with a frown before glancing toward Jacob’s wolf. Jacob slowed in front of us tilting his head to the side. “Go ahead, Jacob. We’ll meet you on the other side. I need to help Bella with something first,” Edward told him. Jacob growled for a second. I narrowed my eyes folding my arms over my chest at Jacob, “Jake! Do what Edward says. He’s trying to save my children, Jacob. We need to trust him…” Jacob whined before walking past us. We watched him jog before leaping into the air over the river. He seemed refuse to go very far and was in hearing distance in case anything happened. His worry made me roll my eyes but secretly I was happy that he was so dedicated.

Edward took my heads pulling my attention away from Jacob. I stared into his beautiful golden eyes. “This is going to be uncomfortable. Can you hold your breath until I tell you so?” Edward asked. I frowned before instantly cutting off my breathing. I had done so before when I was told about my child and realized the thirst was high. The sensation was uncomfortable but my lungs weren’t burning for oxygen. Edward rubbed my hands with his forcing a smile, “You’ll have to stay quiet until we believe it’s alright to breathe.” I nodded smiling at Edward as his thumb rubbed against my hand.

“Are you ready?” he asked lowly just for me to hear. I gulped glancing in the direction of the house before nodding. I was more than ready but I was sickly worried. What if my children were scared of me? I had awful red eyes that would make any sane human run for the hills. What if I became to thirsty for their blood nothing would stand in my way? What if one of my own children became my singer? As quickly as those questions filtered through my mind, I cut them off. There was no reason to be worried about my children. I was their mother, that bond could not be severed just because I was no longer human.

“I’m nervous but ready,” I respond to his question. Edward smiles before bringing my hands to his lips. His lips press against my knuckles which seemed to set ablaze different emotions in my body. He smirked at me before dropping my hands and heading toward the river. I watched him leap across the river once again with precision. He would never cease to amaze me that I was fairly confident about. I marched closer to the river before instinct kicked in and I was across the river before I realized it. Edward grinned at me pressing a kiss to my forehead, “So graceful, Bella,” he cooed against my skin.