15. Visions

15. Visions

Edward’s POV

            I was in my room listening to yet another CD as the face of Isabella Swan filled my mind. I did my best to block out the thoughts of my family members but it wasn’t easy. The one person who’s thoughts were so horrible was Rosalie. She constantly bickered inside her head about why Isabella was so special. Rose wants everyone to believe she cares about the girl’s life but she doesn’t. Bella gets more attention than her and she doesn’t like it very much.

She’s working on yet another car again while Emmett is attempting to beat another video game. Jasper was reading another book on the American wars while Alice was busy searching something online. Alice did a good job of hiding her thoughts from me most of the time. Carlisle is still at work from what I gathered of the phone call between him and Esme.

Esme is in her’s and Carlisle’s room searching online for more things for the house.

There are only so many things to do to occupy our lives at night. The music fills my ears as I allow a dreamy smile to ghost my lips. Suddenly I hear the patter of footsteps up the stairs as my door is thrown open.

“Is that all you’re going to do all morning is listen to music and pout?”

I roll my eyes as I sit up from the couch staring at my sister, Alice, for all tense and purposes.

“Alice, have you not gathered the simple courteously of knocking on a door before you enter and waiting on the person to allow you into the room?”

Alice shrugs her shoulders her dress catching with the wind coming in through the window. She speeds over to my collection of music grinning, “You need to have some CDs out in the open in a few weeks.”

I stare at her wondering what she’s up to but I let it go.

“Whatever you say, Alice.”

I’ve learned Alice can be a force.

“Alice?”

I turn to see Jasper standing at the door way staring toward his mate. Alice sighs giving her attention, “Yes, Jas?”

He lowers his gaze toward the floor, “Would it be prudent to have a hunting trip soon? Being so close to the Swan girl has brought my thirst front and center.”

I shake my head standing to my feet, “I’ll be back for school. I need some fresh air.”

Before anyone could reply I was out of the house. I had always been faster than my family but I hardly ever used it unless in some type of game. I walked along the edge of our property disgust running through my veins. How could I allow myself to forget that Bella Swan is human?! I’d never change her to this life of a soulless monster. I had let myself think of her often but I refused to change her into what I am.

Maybe if Rose actually cared about her, it would be a lot different. I’d have Rose really on my side and when I had Rose, I had Emmett.

The moon was shinning brightly tonight telling me that I had a lot to think about apparently. When I first met Bella Swan, I hated her existence. She made me a coward because her blood was the most appetizing scent I had ever smelt in my entire one hundred years of living. I had to fight myself daily not to drag her out to the forest and drain her of every once of blood she had in her body.

I did two of the only things I could do at the time. I changed my schedule. I made sure I had zero classes with her for the rest of the semester. I didn’t think of the next year, I only thought about the present time. Then, I ran off to Alaska. I figured Carlisle or Alice could make a decent cover story as to why I left during the year. I wasn’t sure if I was going to stay full term up there or if I would come back.