21. Confessions

A/N: Once again this chapter will have words similar to the original work of twilight. Things will have been altered to work for this particular story. I sincerely hope that you enjoy this chapter.

21. Confessions

            I thought in the back of my mind that I was prepared to see Edward in the sunlight. I thought he was beautiful and that there was no possible way he could be any more beautiful in my eyes. I was horribly, increasingly wrong.

Edward in the sun, there were no words of his impact. His skin, white, literally sparkled, like thousands of tiny diamonds were embedded in the surface. He lay perfectly still in the grass, his shirt open over his sculpted, incandescent chest, his scintillating arms bare. His glistening, pale lavender lids were shut, though I doubted he was asleep. I wasn’t sure if that particular thing about his kind was true or not. Today was about no secrets laying all the cards on the table for the other to discover.

He was like a perfect statue, carved in some unknown stone, smooth like marble, glittering like crystal. I lowered myself to the ground beside him as he lay on the ground.

“Are you sure you want to do this today, Edward? It’s such a gorgeous day, why ruin it.”

Edward was sitting up quickly in front of me. I could tell he wasn’t against telling me everything today. There was something about the look on his face that told me all of this.

“I know about the situation with Mike. I know when it started and surprisingly how bad it’s gotten. What I don’t understand is why you stay with him despite everything he does to you!”

I stared at him shocked that he knew so much. I did expect him to know some of it but just not to this degree.

“It’s nothing, Edward…”

He smirked, standing to his feet snarling almost. It shocked me that he was this free, this open about what he was. I could finally see him for what he was. The creature that hunted for blood of humans the natural diet of a vampire what he was meant to do. He wanted to be different than what he was meant to be which took a lot of discipline on his part.

I watched him move so quickly around the beautiful meadow the shimmering of his skin seemed to cast a darker glow on his demeanor. I could almost forget what he was if it weren’t for the way his skin shimmered in the sunlight.

“His father left because the store was his life. He found someone else, cheating on his mother with a much younger woman. Mike needed someone to blame. He needed someone to take the heat and the frustration off his shoulders. His mother would never be lowered enough most certainly when she got addicted to drugs. It took no time at all for their lives to tumble and hit rock bottom. His mom pimps herself out to druggies in the city to pay the bills in the house. Mike sells drugs for his supplier in order to pay for his own habit which is snorting heroin or cocaine. That is when he doesn’t shoot up in his arm going through a really bad mood when he’s high or sometimes it’s a really good mood. I’m sure he started with the gifts first to apologize for the abuse. The first time was when he accidentally pushed you down those stairs breaking your leg in the process. He didn’t care about abuse before but something snapped in his head that made it seem alright to punish you for what had happened to his family.”

I stood shaking my head feeling the tears well in my eyes. I thought I was hiding the abuse decently that other people wouldn’t discover the truth.

“H-How do you know these things?”

He laughed sarcastically his butterscotch eyes narrowing into the darkness of the surrounding forest.

“That’s pretty simple, Bella. Simple and frustrating as hell.”