Chapter 13 (Brett's Apartment)

Chapter 13 Part 1 (Brett's Apartment)

"Sooo here it is." Cruz says putting a chest down in Brett's apartment. "Wha- what is it?" Dawson asked. "It's a chest. I heard that Brett needed a coffee table. Soooo here it is. You like it?" "I-it's great." Dawson said trying to hold in her laughter. "Hey you guys want a beer?" Brett said poking her head in. "Yeah sure." They both said. Dawson followed Brett into the kitchen. "He seems very...enthusiastic." Dawson said. "Yeah in more ways then one." Brett said smirking. "Really?" "Yeah" "Congratulations." Dawson said laughing. "Mm-hmm." "Soooo" Brett said. "How's it going with you and Casey?" Dawson sighed. "Relationship-wise? I really don't know Brett...I mean we've talked about ways to resolve our problems...but so far we haven't come up with anymore solutions other than the ones I've told you and none of them are really permanent. Plus, he's been really cold to me lately. The only time he ever really is warm to is when we're talking about the baby. Or when we're at a doctors appointment for the baby. That's the only time he's been warm lately. I just wish we could figure it out you know? I mean we're gonna be parents and we still haven't figured it out." Brett walked over to Dawson and have her a hug. "I'm so sorry Dawson...I wish I could have some advice for you...but I'm just as clueless as you." Brett said sighing.

Chapter 13 Part 2 (Brett's Apartment)

They pulled apart. "Well...actually... I kind of have an idea...you've already tried it but maybe if you try it again and try it in a different way...maybe it'll work...you may not like the idea." Dawson sighed. "Brett at this point...I'll try anything." "Okay...have you tried maybe taking some space from one another? I mean I know you tried that already but you didn't really work out your issues before you moved back in..." Dawson took a deep breath...then started to sob. "Oh! Dawson I'm sorry! I didn't mean to make you upset!" "N-no that's not it…it’s just well...you're right. We haven't worked out any of our problems and the whole reason I moved out in the first place was so we could resolve our problems and come up with permanent solutions to our problems but we haven't. The only permanent thing we've come up with is a baby name and that doesn't really help with our relationship situation." "Okay Dawson I have a plan why don't you just stay here tonight? That way you don't have go home but you don’t have to make a decision about Casey tonight?" "Okay I'll just tell him we're having a girl’s night."