v.

2 days after (Y/N)'s arrival..

VENTI WAS CLUELESS.

Well, not that clueless, but still- he wasn't aware of this infamous romance book running around like wildfire among the citizens of Monstandt. Was he always this dense not to see the odd stares coming from the folks, mostly women?

As the anemo god, he already got used to a lot of praises but- in a romantic type? this might've been a surprise to him. Just a little though- Just a little bit.

It's been 2 days after that girl's request and that boy's explanation.

Now, instead of songs for the tales of heroic people, they instead come to him to request songs concerning that book. As you guess, those romantic songs were all about falling in love or comforting someone in such a loving way people may find themselves special.

Well, it looks like it was effective considering the number of love letters he received.

Venti was already on his way to the library to find more about this book, which caused him a new impression. And hey, a lot of moras!

Still he... did at least made his people happy without needing to be a god during those moments. Venti was satisfied, but he desperately needed to know what that book was.

He took a deep breath and entered the library.

Just as he enters, the librarian had already interrupted him before he could even open his mouth.

"Darling if it's that book again, I'm afraid it's borrowed once more, I had already lost count on how many had used it."

The librarian seemed a bit stressed. Venti barely enters libraries so he took his time observing the area filled with old books' aroma which seems to alleviate his impatience as Venti waited quietly for the librarian to finish arranging the books from the top shelves. 

"Oh that bard," She had finally taken notice of him as she inserted the last book, "I did not expect to see a new face again after having that book in our custody."

"Hmmm, yeah actually," Venti avoided her eyes, "I was about to borrow that book..."

"..."

"But do not fret! I'll promise to return it in a blink of an eye! After reading it that is."

The woman tiredly exhaled, "Oh that empty promise again... I'm getting sick of it," She groaned.

"How many copies are left?"

"Sweetie, there's none left, everyone bought it already so now they depend on the library," Lisa frowned, there's one left of course which belongs to her, and she had no plans on lending it. Though, there's something about this young bard that seemingly attempts to change her course of action...

"... I do own one-"

"Please let me borrow it!"

"Well, mister, can I trust you?"

"You have my word!"

---

WHOA.

VENTI stared at the book for a solid 5 minutes. The tavern was, as usual, rowdy especially during this evening with all the drunkards' rantings and cheering along with the clinks of their chalices but it did not hinder the bard's concentration, who was at the counter in front of the bartender, on reading the first 3 chapters of that book. It was honestly quite interesting though.

'I wasn't planning to meet him, that boy who was alive in my dreams, since I didn't want him to see me all drained out and no smile to wear. But he insisted, and now he comforted me with the songs he made for me with his trusty lyre.

"My dearest," He spoke in such a soothing manner, "Would you like to accompany me here?"

It was just one of the passages, but it gave Venti the idea that she might've been dreaming of him.

But hey, the story was actually good! Enough to charm a good amount of mora when he produces a song for this!

Venti then realized another thing.

Dearest huh, a small chuckle escaped from his lips out of amusement. Venti hadn't really called anyone his dearest in his 2,300 years of living. Would he actually call anyone that very pet name? He never imagined it. And never did he dreamed of seeing himself that infatuated such as the version of himself in that book.

That was purely impossible.

he chortled at the thought, skimming once again through the pages delicately only to be disturbed by Diluc who happened to be at the tavern, "I must say, how intriguing is that book for such a bard who knows only to drink catch his attention?"

"Ehe, quite intriguing actually." The bard quipped, "Are you perhaps interested in romance stories, Master Diluc?"

"It's not even something I've read before, to begin with," Diluc didn't bother to look up at him, fully focusing on entertaining other's orders, "It's still a wonder how your attention that completely revolves around wines is now replaced with that."

"Well, if the male lead is similar to you, of course, it would catch your attention, wouldn't it?" Venti winked.

"...What." Diluc stopped, "Similar... to you?"

"Yup-"

"I can't believe it."

"Hmph," Venti pouted, crossing his arms, "How impertinent."

"Hey Hey, isn't he that rumored boy that looks like the male lead?" Venti caught two women squealing just behind him, "I've been listening to his songs after I read the book!"

Hohoho, Venti smugly smirked in triumph towards the red-headed man who simply rolled his eyes and returned to taking orders.

"Come to think of it, isn't the author visiting Monstandt after 3 days from now?"

They had finally caught the bard's attention as he pauses and perks up, rubbing his chin with a mischievous smile.

Now how should he surprise you?

━━━━

a/n: im so excited for scara's banner-