vii.

something new

something new.

SO THE DAY HAD FINALLY COME!

Venti knew better than to stalk outside the city gates. Despite you knowing who he is at a swift glance, he wasn't going to ruin his reputation by acting like a total creep eyeing each folk who would come inside these walls.

Of course, the only solution he could think of was staying low near the adventurer's guild, introducing his songs while listening to people's voices in hopes of hearing the author's name.

At least that's not foolish!

"Mi-mister bard..?"

A tiny voice quietly called out from behind which slightly startled the petite bard. Venti spun only to spot a little girl who was accompanied by her older squealing sisters, urging her to come forth to him.

"U-uhm," She stammered, avoiding eye contact as she fiddles with her tiny fingers, "Can you sing a song, a-about ch-chapter 7?"

Ah. Venti smirked before chuckling briefly. He cleared his throat before finally strumming his fingers in the chords of his lyre for introduction and it clearly caught the attention of the crowd.

Surprisingly, he had finished half of the book.

Bend your chest open

So I can reach your heart--

It didn't take that long to finally gather a lot of locals to hear him yet for Venti, it was a hindrance since there was no gap to sneak a peek, and those gasps together with the gossip blocked his ears from anything other than comments.

He stifled a frown, yet he was already sweating due to overthinking that he might have already missed his chance.

"And so," He had finally taken action, "This humble bard bids you f-"

"You're the author of that book!"

Venti froze, he cut himself from talking any further as his eyes frantically searched where the voice came from. He hadn't realized how desperate he was until he had to inhale and exhale slowly, calming himself.

Right, he wouldn't want to embarrass himself showing all sweaty and heavily panting which was opposite to the oh-so gentleman your male lead was.

He paused briefly. You would be disappointed to see him different from what you have seen in your dreams. if that's the case then, his mora-frenzy days would all turned upside down and those who usually request songs would eventually get tired of him.

Oh- he wouldn't dare to have that.

Venti realized that Marjorie's walls in her shop were glass. He grabbed the opportunity to check on himself and his appearance. As expected, he winced seeing how horrendous he looked with his cape out of place and the Cecilia flowers attached to his hat looked as if it wilted due to the sun's heat. The tiny strands of hair in front of his face were drenched with sweat, sticking themselves on his face.

Oh dear- he almost appeared looking like this.

He hurriedly adjusted his cape, took the spare Cecilia flowers he had bought before, and replaced those that withered. He tucked some spare strands in his ear and on the side of his face before wiping the sweat off of his face.

He finally inhaled before exhaling rather loudly and smiling at himself.

Now, where did the voice come from again?

"It's them! It's them! The author!"

BINGO! Venti merrily followed the voice, slowly descending the rocky stairs.

There was no need for introduction as one of the women lightly gasped at the sight of him. He tried hushing Donna but it was too late, she had already informed the two of his arrival, and excitement is written all over her jolly face.

"Hey, Flora! Look it's him- it's Venti!"

He fixed his collar, and the cuffs of his sleeves. Venti saw an unfamiliar figure who was frozen in place. The bard giggled, he took this opportunity to sneak a peek at you.

He squinted his eyes and his mischievous smirk appeared out of nowhere,

His hands intertwined behind his back as he leans towards you.

The area was already filled with folks who'd like to witness the scene. Specifically, the author and their male lead. Venti playfully grinned, he found this whole event amusing yet fascinating at the same time.

"Would you like to accompany me here?" He recited the very words your male lead spoke in that book with that playful grin as he offers a hand for you to take,

"My dearest?"

You opened your mouth yet no words came out, blinking with wide eyes as if trying to wake up from a dream that was inescapable. It might've been a catastrophe for you but it was something Venti might remember for a long time.

Of course, for a god who has experienced a lot and a god who had gone through several repetitive days and events, Venti wasn't going to forget about the person who brought something new to him.

━━━━

IM MAKING A DRAFT FOR A SCARA FANFIC JSFDNSDIVFHNDSO--

newayss, thank you for reading ^^