x.

just the two of us

just the two of us.

IN ALL HONESTY,

Dreams were peace to one's mind. But right now, a glimpse of making this to reality was a nightmare you would love to forget but here he is, sitting beside you. Venti was leaning on the trunk, tunes of his famous songs inviting you to listen and admire its creativity that enhanced the beauty of your surroundings.

You secretly liked it. Just a little bit.

"What's with the frown, eh?" The bard questioned, his fingers still continues to stroke each chords, "Sitting here with the wind accompanying just the two of us, don't you think it'll make such a lovely romantic scene? You should jot it down for future references."

You didn't speak nor look at him and instead diverted your attention to the crystalfies that were now at the bottom of your feet. A little shifting from your side indicated that he adjusted himself in another comfortable spot which was beside you. You paid no heed once again but he spoke that caught your attention,

"Still," He trailed off, "It's quite fascinating how passionate I sounded in that book, you know?"

You flinched.

"Mhm," You could feel him eyeing your reaction, "So tell me, how charming was I? Am I really that romantic for you to create such a story?"

"I regret writing that."

"Base from your book, it doesn't seem like it." You faced him, witnessing an innocent smile from him, "C'mon on now! No need to be ashamed of it. Remember that we will work together from now on."

You rolled your eyes, and did not again react from his lame antics. For a few seconds, nothing but a wisp of wind greeted your sense of hearing and the lulling music his lyre elicited. It simply faded away when your hand brushed over a rough object and a thin one that seems to be a string.

You sharply moved your gaze to it. Only to spot a bow that glimmered under the sun's gaze.

"So you do archery huh?" You subconsciously asked with a soft voice.

"Do you know that every weapon has history?"

You perked up, "Then... how about this one?"

You heard him sucking in air before talking as if wistful, "This bow is called the Amos Bow. Sadly, It's owner had already passed away. She lived in the old Monstandt's era wherein freedom wasn't even a choice back then. Opression was common among women and men. "

A bitter chuckle later on was heard, "During those days, people sought rebellion. It was against their tyrant of a god, Decarbian, and that maiden joined. But aside from freedom she had another motive. Her actions were also quite devoting."