vi

unfortunate encounter

IT WAS A GOOD DAY TO PASS AWAY.

The shocking revelation brought upon you had stomped on your pride for 3 days straight. And today was supposed to be the day where you would explore Monstandt.

You were excited. were.

"C'mon now (Y/N)!" (b/n) whined, tugging your sleeves to lead you inside the city gates. Rumors say that this city was favored by the winds and by the looks of it, it was true. It was already mid-afternoon yet not even a wisp of warm wind came to contact with their bodies.

Finally following the young boy, you were greeted with the cheery atmosphere the people of Monstandt had created, tunes from left to right almost made your hips sway along, and the warm pleasantries with their optimistic smiles alleviated your worries.

"Monstandt welcomes you!"

It would have been great if you didn't know a certain male lead was here. And now you resembled someone who hadn't slept for days, forcing smiles as if it would make you better.

"Not to be rude but," (B/N) paused licking his lollipop to add a blunt remark, "You look like you're rotting or something."

In all honesty, You loved your brother but at times like this, you're hands itches to smack the back of his head. But right now, scoffing lightly was the only thing you could do.

Just at your right was a little girl who happily arranged Cecilia flowers on the wooden table for display, whistling together with the tune a nearby bard sang. (B/N) ran off towards the flower shop, dragging you together with him.

Just as you had caught up, your younger brother had already touched some of the flowers, before getting called out by the girl,

"Hey! Those flowers are for display only!" The florist scolded, her hands on her hips as she scowled before clearing her throat, "If you want to buy flowers, come look over here."

She instantly fixed her expression into a warm welcoming one, which startled you both. "We- uh- we're sorry about that," You scratched the back of your head, a bit embarrassed for your brother since the both of you were new here and might have caused a bad impression, "How much are those?"

"The Windwheel asters?" She asked and you nodded, "Oh- that would be 1000 mora."

Good grief. You could buy a meal for that.

You pondered whether you should buy it or not because it would be a waste to buy one when you could just venture around the area and pick some.

Unbeknownst to you, she had finally taken notice of your appearances, realizing you weren't familiar to her.

"Say, you're not from here aren't you? My name's Flora by the way!" She greeted you with eagerness, stretching out her hand for you to shake, "Where are you from?"

"... My name's (Y/N) and this is my younger broth-"

"The name's (B/N)!"

"... Yes. And we came from Liyue."

"Oh, Liyue huh? It is an amazing place from what I've heard." Flora stared with wonder as she ponders, "Hey wait, your name sounds a little bit familiar..."

You simply smiled.

"(Y/N)... (Y/N) where did I hear that huh- Oh wait! You're- wait a minute-!" Flora suddenly slammed her hands on the table, leaning towards you with gleaming eyes. You could hear her saying 'woahh' with a large toothy smile. You had to step back, avoiding her eyes due to the discomfort it brings, "You're the author of that book!"

"O-oh you mean From that dr-"

"Hey, Donna!" She loudly called the woman with 2 short pigtails behind her who was too busy fawning over a man that might not even know her. The startled Donna then replied with a squeaky voice, "Y-yes!?"

"It's them! It's them! The author!" Flora beamed, leaping continuously. Flora suddenly pounced and clung to your arm.

"Wait really?!" Donna gasped, before hurriedly stepping down to greet you with a hug, "Oh Celestia! I'm a fan of yours! Do you plan to publish a second book about that? If so I'd totally buy it!"

At that time you three had finally caught the attention of passersby.

You should've been grateful for their sincere support for you. Yet they were invading your personal space it made you tense up, subtly attempting to escape from their grip as you grew a bit agitated. Sweats were already rolling down from your forehead.

"Oh right! The male lead is here too!"

Uh-oh.

Flora's bright eyes searched around the area to find this specific man who was painfully similar to your male lead. You of course, due to desperation, abruptly lifted her, placing your arms behind her knees and on her shoulders.

"I really would prefer if you don't..." You exhaled, a bit exhausted from all those struggling and clinging. Luckily for you, Flora stopped, biting her lips as she looks away from your distressed eyes. At that point, she might have felt sorry for you.

But Donna hadn't seen you.

"Hey, Flora! Look it's him- it's Venti!"

You froze. Wide (e/c) eyes refusing to look at the mentioned boy. The young florist had taken notice of your rigid breathing, your clammy palms that were now squeezing her petite hands after putting her down, and your crimson-colored face that could defeat each shade of red. Flora offered you a reassuring smile.

And just as you were about to grab (B/N)'s hand and walk away, a voice from just right behind you halted your next move.

You could even hear their small giggles. You spun in surprise only to be greeted with that mischievous smirk and those teasing squinted eyes that seem to know a secret you wish for him to not know.

But he knew it so well. Oh so so well.

His hands intertwined behind his back as he leans towards you.

There was no need for a description of his looks for you know who it is already.

That very boy smugly winked in a teasing manner as if making fun of your embarrassment, you would've died in an instant right there. He then slowly stepped closer to you.

You paid no heed to the townsfolk that was already buzzing around you two, a circle of mob gathering pieces of information from those who had witnessed the scene earlier than those who come last.

"Would you like to accompany me here?" that boy recited the very words your male lead spoke in that book with that playful grin as he offers a hand for you to take,

"My dearest?"

━━━━

Hfagafaua so uh my phone almost splits in half?? Idk how but yeah