iv.

Settle here

Settle here.

WHAT.

You froze. For Lumine to be so certain, she must've met someone who was too similar to the male lead. Or instead, base on her words, she did meet him.

... You spaced out.

You couldn't think straight. You had published that book first on Liyue until a certain man introduced himself to you. Seeing the potential you had, he offered to expand the notability of this book up to Monstandt.

You agreed of course. But now uncertainty had finally crept into your heart.

You froze on that very spot, "...oh."

"We were surprised too," Paimon interrupted, "Paimon even had to double-check!"

"So... All along," You whispered, "...I was writing about a real person...?"

The other two refused to look at your wide eyes, letting embarrassment devour your excitement slowly. Perhaps... Perhaps he hasn't read it? Or maybe, he has no intention of cracking a page in your book, that would lift your pride up a little.

...

He could've heard it from the townspeople since he resembles the character though- Oh dear Rex Lapis- he could've read it- Wait, perhaps no one had informed him about it yet-

"(Y/N)!"

You quickly snapped your head towards the direction of the voice. Recognizing who it belongs to, you quickly bent a little to scoop the young boy up, "You're famous now! Most of them know your book!"

You didn't know what to feel. You were beyond thankful that's a given- But- had he also-?

"So big sib," (B/N) called out, his little hands cupping both of your cheeks, gently squishing them, "Where are we going to stay?"

"Uh- Springvale." You replied a bit monotonous, promptly shaking your head and closed your eyes for a few seconds to wipe out the agitation you had on her mind.

"We can help you!"

Paimon rose her dainty hands to volunteer, Lumine had also agreed at the thought but warned you about the monsters they may encounter before handing her the Traveler's handy Sword.

"It'll come in handy," The blonde girl winked, "There's still a long road ahead."

And so, off you go to Springvale.

Similar to Liyue, the wide greenery had its own ups and downs in their roads, literally, as every now and then (B/N) would pant heavily after climbing such steep pathways. The sun had mercilessly directed its heat on them, the very reason why they had to make short stops in order to rest.

As the four of you were coming closer, Paimon suddenly veered and spotted the familiar windmill.

"Look!" Paimon leaped, pointing at the structure, "We're here!"

From your arms, the young boy jumped and ran to the nearest shade he could find before plopping down on the grass, sighing in exhaustion. The other two followed after, standing next to the boy.

"Woh! Good thing we didn't run into any hilichurls!" The little pixie excessively exclaimed, "Did you rent your place already, (Y/N)?"

You nodded weakly, having no energy to even form any word as the scorching heat absorbed every bit of your vigor, your face stained by the crystal-like sweat that had seemed to sparkle under the sun.

Nonetheless, you stood up adjusting your sleeves shorter, and fixed your hair tie before asking a man who was sitting on the grass beside the windmill.

"Sir," You called out, crouching to meet him eye to eye.

"What?" The other asked, "You gotta tell me straight what you need."

You exhaled deeply, "Can you perhaps help me find a man named Olaf?"

"Oh that old folk!" he exclaimed, pointing at a shelter, "There's a hut over there, just ask if there's anyone there that goes by the name Olaf, I'm sure he'll appear."

"Is that so," You followed the direction of his finger to spot the said shelter, "Thank you, sir."

You Finally waved at the others as a signal to come to follow you. Lumine sent a thumbs-up as the young boy beside her yawned, tiredly stretches, and jogs towards his older sibling.

The hut wasn't as far as you thought it would be, although it still was tiring to walk with heavy baggage behind you, it wasn't much of a big deal. You reluctantly knocked on the door only to meet a man, maybe in his 30's? And with a... cat ears?

You rubbed your eyes, before blinking multiple times, observing it once again.

... Oh so it actually was.

"Ah visitors!" The man said, "Is there something you need from me?"

You then proceeded to enlighten the man in which he abruptly accepted. Quite a surprise, you expected a few questions from him. your younger brother did a little hop before heading in the direction the man had pointed, no longer taking notice of the blazing heat as his excitement consumed his mind.

You simply followed the little boy as Lumine and Paimon finally bid their farewells.

The new abode was as simple as the others. Traditionally speaking, the style was nothing out of the ordinary compared to those beside theirs or the ones they had seen in the city. But as the citizens from Liyue, the white house laced by red lines with an intricate pattern built with these firm woods was odd yet captivating for you.

"Big sib," Again, you've gotten lost in a trance only to be pulled back in reality by your one and only brother who had instantly plopped himself down on the bed, face-flat, "You should lie down, it's pretty windy in here!"

And so you did.

You exhaled in exhaustion, eyelids attempting to close as the drowsiness had now gotten to you. The wind might have contributed with it, and the bustling folks' voices who were actively conversing with each other hadn't bothered your tranquil state, You simply laid down on the bed next to your brother, unconsciously smiling.

"Hey big sib, I met someone who looks like your male lead."

ha?

You sat up straight, hair messier than any bird nest you've ever encountered, steady breathing had gone rigid as you sat there completely still, your mind buffering as you blinked with wide (E/C) eyes.

"W-what?"

Did he-?

"I told him you wrote it, He's also really realllyy surprised! Maybe he was happy to be a part of such an amazing book, (Y/N)!"

Oh.

...

...

You did not sleep that night.

━━━