𝑨 𝑫𝑹𝑨𝑮𝑶𝑵𝑺 𝑻𝑹𝑬𝑨𝑺𝑼𝑹𝑬

𝐶𝐻𝐴𝑃𝑇𝐸𝑅 𝑁𝐼𝑁𝐸
→𝑨 𝑫𝑹𝑨𝑮𝑶𝑵𝑺 𝑻𝑹𝑬𝑨𝑺𝑼𝑹𝑬

𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑 𝐇𝐀𝐃 𝐅𝐈𝐍𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐘 𝐌𝐀𝐃𝐄 𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐈𝐑 𝐖𝐀𝐘 𝐎𝐔𝐓 𝐎𝐅 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐂𝐀𝐕𝐄 𝐈𝐍 𝐒𝐈𝐋𝐄𝐍𝐂𝐄, 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐓𝐖𝐎 𝐆𝐈𝐑𝐋𝐒 𝐖𝐄𝐑𝐄 𝐖𝐀𝐋𝐊𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐀𝐓 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐁𝐀𝐂𝐊 𝐎𝐅 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐆𝐑𝐎𝐔𝐏

𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑 𝐇𝐀𝐃 𝐅𝐈𝐍𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐘 𝐌𝐀𝐃𝐄 𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐈𝐑 𝐖𝐀𝐘 𝐎𝐔𝐓 𝐎𝐅 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐂𝐀𝐕𝐄 𝐈𝐍 𝐒𝐈𝐋𝐄𝐍𝐂𝐄, 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐓𝐖𝐎 𝐆𝐈𝐑𝐋𝐒 𝐖𝐄𝐑𝐄 𝐖𝐀𝐋𝐊𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐀𝐓 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐁𝐀𝐂𝐊 𝐎𝐅 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐆𝐑𝐎𝐔𝐏. The whole situation was pretty tense and Edmund and Caspian hadn't looked each other in the eye.

The young King was the first to reach the crew and his eyes were traveling over the several baskets that stood on the stones. "What food did you find?"

"It's volcanic, your majesty. Not much grows", the man at the front of the group answered his king, while he sat down besides the baskets.

Suddenly Adeline's attention was drawn towards Lucy. The young girl let her eyes travel over their surroundings and she immediately panicked when she couldn't see their cousin, "Where's Eustace?"

Reepicheep was the one to answer her, "I believe he's out not helping us load the boat." Adeline chose to ignore his comment while she turned towards the stone landscape and started shouting as loud as she could, "Eustace!"

Lucy quickly joined in before she faced their brother, "Edmund, I've got a bad feeling."

Edmund still seemed taken back by what had just happened in the cave when he shifted from one leg onto the other. But at least he spoke, "I will go find him."

Caspian immediately joined in, "I will come with you." He quickly handed Adeline his sword, before he followed after the young high King.

Adeline felt her stomach flipping over in worry when she watched how the two men were climbing over the rocks that lead up to the mountains.

The brunette couldn't sit still and she continued pacing back and forth while she fumbled with the swords. Her gaze only snapped up when she heard Edmund and Caspian returning, but her worst expectation became true when she realized that they were alone and not accompanied by Eustace.

The brunette's eyes were wide while she gazed at Caspian, "You didn't find him?"

The young King shook his head at her in regret, "I'm so sorry, Adeline."

She immediately shook her head and made him stop talking by rubbing her her hands over her face, "No, it's my fault— I'm the oldest— I should've stayed with him. I shouldn't have left him behind. It's my fault."

Edmund gave his older sister a stern look, "Addie, stop blaming yourself. He ran off as always— and his stupid greed  caught up to him— he touched the cursed treasure."

Caspian avoided eye contact while he shook his head, "There's no coming back from that."

Adeline gave Edmund a disbelieving look, she was shocked by his statement. Of course Eustace was annoying and most of the time she wanted to kill him but he was still just a child.