Chapter Five - Suited and Booted

We slip through the forest, Sarah taking point while I do my best to follow – which isn't easy barefoot, or since I don't really have a clue of what I'm doing. Sarah is like the code name she was given, she weaves through the trees; invisible, silent, deadly. Meanwhile I, well I am not any of those things. I stumble over tree roots in the ground, yelp when I trip atop a group of stinging nettles, tears threatening to spill. I am a mess, and I am in this mess because of my stupid need to be more than some small hometown girl.

Rookie mistake, Patience, rookie mistake.

Sarah slows when we near the tree line. Beyond the trees I can see a series of small bunker type buildings, ones that could be watched in a war movie. "That one," she whispers as I come to a stop next to her, pointing at a bunker with the number thirty-two fading on the side, "We need to get in there, that's where Hugo and Marcus will be, it's our weapons storage."

"Is it even safe to go in there? Is this not the first place the soldiers will look for us?" I ask, glancing around the derelict area.

"No. The bunkers get used as file storage now, so nobody ever comes here unless they're, you know, filing stuff." Sarah shrugs, "But when we arrived here, we scoped out the place and found a spot to hide our weapons in case of an emergency." She explains, starting to move cautiously forward.

"An emergency?" I catch onto Sarah's words, but she chooses not to reply to that, so I press on.

"How did you do this all without being caught? And don't try to tell me this is allowed because it quite clearly, is not." I question, tiptoeing through the grass behind her.

At this Sarah turns her head to smirk at me. "Well because we're the best squad MI6 has had the pleasure of training in years, the best since Marcus's own father. You're safe with us, Patience, stick with us and you'll be one of the best agents in no time. We have our ways."

I nod uncertainly at this, already beginning to realise that Sarah likes the mystery shrouded around her and the other two. She turns back around and motions for me to follow her.

We creep through the grass, keeping low, moving fast. We reach the bunkers in a couple of minutes and run between them, taking cover when we can, taking no chances. When it is clear that no one is around, we run for bunker thirty-two. As soon as we reach the door into it, Sarah punches a code into the keypad that was placed on the wall next to the door. It beeps and the red light flashes green, allowing Sarah to pull open the door. We slip inside, shutting the door firmly behind us. Sarah leads the way through mazes of filing cabinets and shelves that are stacked with paper and boxes labelled 'EVIDENCE' in bold red lettering, until we reach the back of the bunker.

I look around us, only seeing the mountains of dusty files and boxes we have made our way through. "Where are they? Where are the weapons?" I ask, brows furrowed.

"You know," Sarah sighs, "For someone called Patience, you have very little of it. Shut up and wait."

I do as I'm told, not willing to snap back at Sarah. We stand in silence for about thirty seconds when I hear a rumble, and then the wall in front of us which had been nothing more than just a wall slides open to reveal a room filled with computers, monitors, and guns – a lot of guns.

"Woah." I exhale.

"Pretty sweet, isn't it?" Hugo grins, popping up from behind one of the computers.

Sarah and I step forward and the wall rumbles closed behind us.

Before I can reply, another voice sneers from the corner of the room, "Where the hell have you been?"

Marcus.