//3//

Louis would head up to their room with some sort or the other of food, to find Harry reading. They made a lot of small talk about the book, food, the college faculty they didn't like, and subjects. Becoming friends. And later at night Harry and Louis would sleep in the bed. It wasn't as awkward anymore. It had become kind of normal. They were silently observing each other's quirks and everything. The whole scene had become kinda domestic.

Every early Louis would wake up to harry holding him some way or another but he never said anything about it instead always got up and moved to the couch. Their flatmates never found out about the room sharing. Even though it had only been like ten days since the drinking accident it was fine.

They went to bed early now both of them. Harry wanting to get better sleep and Louis, well Louis just wanted to spend time with Harry even if it was just sleeping until Harry randomly started hyperventilating around 12 am one night.

Louis woke up scared. Not knowing what to do he just clutched the hand harry had on his torso and squeezed it calling Harry's name.

"Harry.....It's just a bad dream love, wake up.....its okay harry"

Harry woke up frantic. Sobbing.

"It's okay buddy. Just a nightmare. You're okay" Louis whispered soothingly

Taking a moment to calm himself. After which he simply got out of the bed. At first, Louis thought he was going to take a wee. Then the overthinking hit.

'Maybe this arrangement made him uncomfortable and that's why he is moving over to the couch again but it's too early to go to the couch Zayn and Liam would still be playing video games right now. It makes no sense. Is he offended? Shut up brain.'

He then realized harry was stripping. 'wait wot' he started dressing up in skinny jeans and a red jumper.

"Where are you going?" 'wow that came out wierd'

"Out", came the reply from Harry, rather rudely.

"Wait what why?!"

"None of your fucking business" 'ouch well that was harsh'

Louis went silent as harry put his high tops on and got out of the room slamming the door behind him. Louis scrambled on his feet walking downstairs. Zayn gave him a perplexed look like he was angry. Maybe he thinks harry went off because of me'.

"I didn't do anything he had a nightmare and ran off," he said getting defensive. Zayn looked calmer now. Like it was normal. Maybe it was.

He went back upstairs to hide under the sheets. Still kinda pissed over the immature behavior by Harry.

'it's okay. He had a nightmare cut him some slack. Stop being clingy. He doesn't need that. He doesn't need you. He doesn't need to explain himself to you. Maybe he just needed a walk. In that outfit. More like he needed a drink. Shit, he'll be drunk when he comes back. Fuck. What if he cries. It's none of your business Louis. He isn't immature. You are. Stop being clingy. He will push you away. He doesn't need your help. You need to help him. No, don't help him. In the end, it will hurt you. He doesn't even know you that well. You don't know him. But I do. I know he likes tea before bed. He always sleeps on his stomach. Keeps everything immaculately clean. Has fucking green orbs for his eyes. Listens to Stevie Nicks and Elvis Presley like they are his religion and reads manga. Takes coffee with exactly 1/4 part soy milk to his coffee. wofynwkidhfdj. SHUT UP.'

He hadn't realized how frustrating the voices in his head were until he realized he was crying. It was so hard to deal with them some days. Like two of himself debating in his head. He never knew which one to listen to.

So he tried to sleep. Emphasis on tried. Cause sleep never comes. He knew it wouldn't until he knew harry was back home, safe and not crying. So he waited. Harry didn't come back till four in the morning. Same as earlier. Swaying. Smelling heavily of sex, sweat, and alcohol. Crying.

There it was the feeling of wanting to coddle him. Help him out. Protect him from whatever hurt him.

Harry was rather stunned when he saw Louis up and awake pacing around the room when he entered. He quickly wiped his tears.

Louis just looked at him before walking out. At first, Harry thought he went out cause he had come home and he didn't wanna be near him. The thought made him tear up. But then Louis came back with water and toast.

"Drink up it'll help you sober up." He said calmly.

Harry simply nodded before doing what was asked of him. All too plaint. Slowly slipping. That shouldn't happen. It hasn't happened in years. Does he trust Louis that much? Those were the last thoughts he could comprehend before actually slipping.

Louis was shocked when Harry suddenly let himself cry. He had been doing a good job of holding it in. Until well u know he slipped into little space. Except Louis did not know that.

'Shit is it something I did. Not again. You made him cry u dumbass. Something seems wrong. He is okay. You are okay. Calm down, Louis. He is crying do something. Should I ask what's wrong? No, you shouldn't. He is drunk. That would be like taking advantage of him. Well if he tells you it will help you understand him better. No that's wrong. He'll tell you when he feels like it. It may be nothing. Maybe he is just an emotional drunk and cries over the littlest things. No, he doesn't. Well, help him right now. You can think about it later'

He just instinctively wrapped his arms around Harry and pulled his head to his own chest. Coddling him. And Harry was cooperative he fisted Louis's shirt tightly. Holding on to it like it helped him breathe. So Louis spread his legs and pulled harry Into the space between them kind of like on his lap. He was panicked internally but knew better than to ask questions. He whispered you're okay continually caressing Harry's head.

Gently tugging on the curls unfurling them with his fingers. Scratching his scalp with his own nails ever so lightly and that seemed to soothe harry. Soon the sobs evened out to light breathes that seemed to calm Louis too. It was already five in the morning. So he decidedly to sleep too not wanting to disturb harry he just turned to his side lightly dropping harry on his bicep all the while Harry's face was still nuzzled in his shirt. He draped his free arm around Harry's middle protectively and the other hand tangled in his harry. Soon he dozed off too.