//7//

Right now harry was sleeping curled on his side, shirtless covered up till his navel with their blankets. Short freshly cut curls fanned all over the pillow, light snores escaping him.  The moonlight from between the blinds washed all over his face, illuminating his features.

Louis had interrogated him well on the bruises all over his middle. Harry had been tight-lipped not letting a word slip or even a tear. He denied louis pleas to visit the infirmary, and rushed to cover himself up with his jumper hiding himself. Shying away from any comfort louis wanted to offer. Shutting him out. He was back to dominant and composed in a second as Louis noticed them, Before asserting he just wanted to sleep at that point, the only thing he had whispered was to himself "please don't make me answer that right now" making it barely audible to louis.

In the end, after a lot of bickering louis had convinced him to allow him to ice his wounds.  Since they had no ice packs or even just plain ice louis was using ice cold water in a think disposable plastic bottle and to tend to him. Gently moving it around anytime he would apply even the lightest of pressure or his skin would touch Harry's, he would flinch all over again. So louis matched his hyper and stressed breathing, unconsciously syncing their heartbeats and slowing and calming his own breathing, bringing Harry's with him. Calming his anxious demeanour he kept on tending to it as well as he could, before exhaustion pulled harry into a light sleep.

Louis examined his visible body with attention. Noticing his features and the shape of the bruises and differences in colour. He snaked his fingers through Harry's hair, it always had calmed harry down no matter what. The way harry didn't look peaceful even while sleeping tonight was disturbing. Fearful. All he wanted to do was pull harry to his body and protect him physically, emotionally any how.

Harry had always done it never needing to physically but he always protected louis from his haunting head. He had been clean for 3 months now, without even trying. He went weak every now and then but harry. Oh so sweet harry had always held him in place without even knowing he was doing it.

Over the months pillow talk had become the true essence of their weird dynamic. Hushed whispers of thoughts from the darkest corners of their heads that they'd never admit to another. Never talking about it again until dusk the next day. It was their thing, wasn't it? Not discussing it again. Never again, if they could afford it. They were slowly becoming crepuscular, and something about it kept Louis crazy hooked. Always needing harry. It reminded him of Stan oh so dearly beloved Stan.

Shivers ran up his body at the thought of him. The fear made all the hair on his body stand erect.

Harry couldn't even acknowledge him outside the confines of the four walls of this room. Even if Louis wanted to, he knew harry wouldn't. It was weird how well he knew harry. He could differentiate between the one he saw in this room and the one outside of it.

It scared him how much he already needed harry. Even though he was always the one protecting and taking care of harry. Even though he was the one who harry should have needed, he already needed him much much more than harry could've ever needed him. That honestly scared the shit out of him as it should probably.

He traced the chilled bottle over harrys wounds benevolently.

Overthinking was easily taking over in his head he brought himself to the conclusion he loved harry and that was a common and healthy conclusion cause he meant it platonically the same way he loved liam, liam was one of his closest friends and he loved liam.

He loved harry too.

'Thats not a good thing you fucker. You are gonna take us down. But he is nice not everyone is the same. No? Thats what you said about him. I was right!! He loved me! HE ABUSED YOU?! Theres a difference, lou! It felt like love,'  it sounded cracked and broken inside of his head even. So low.

The thing with abuse is it will often feel like love, why you ask, starving people will eat anything. Thats who he was louis. A starving starving child. I know he'd never admit it. I know him better than anyone.

'Ready for another war then? Its the same war innit? its only the enemies that are different?'

His subconscious piqued in. Panic and fear were rising in his head. Oxygen thats what was needed except he couldn't get any. He was breathing and breathing so hard, his button nose flaring up with the struggle. Fuck maybe there isnt any in the room!

'Louis! LOUIS! Breathe!! It s gonna go what i can't understand you i cant hear you. I cant breathe, i cant breathe, i cant breathe, i m sorry imsorry, m sorry louis  louis what i think i cant breathe. It hurts ithurtslouiswhatshappeningicantbreathe.'

His sweat glands seems to have been bursting. Sweat breaking out all over his body. His thoughts were all over the place. Felt like he was floating away when all he wanted was to be on the ground with harry

'HARRY!!'

'You didnt say it out loud'

'HARRY!'

'We are still in your head cmon get out'

"Louis?"

'This is your head louis GET OUT!'

'How'

'HOW'

'Harry harry harry where are you harry i thi- i think i-i-i am t-tra-trapped-trapped-trapped' he could hear the voices. His voice. But only in his head. They were echoing all over the place. Coming from all directions at him like harry was supposed to be in his head. All the thoughts in his were completely slurred and rushed.

'But he is hurt he is hurt he is hurt'

"LOUIS" harrys firm voice brought him back. "You zoned there for a minute and dropped the bottle on me you okay?? I think you need sleep?" He was making grabby hands at louis

He realised he had dropped the bottle on harry. Suddenly he felt all to aware of his body and surroundings. Harry looked much more relaxed and composed now. His hair still unusual but yet beautiful. He put his hands on louis shoulders confidently and firmly pushing him back against the bed till his head hit the pillow. Louis wanted to curl in on himself. His skin burning where harry touched. The voice of the fan moving and the clock ticking was still overwhelming him. Harry had covered them both with a blanket. His firm touch still keeping louis from drifting in his own head