A sacrifice

Landing the final hit, Boris falls to the ground.

Nothing happens for a moment and I finally think I won't be alone, that he'll be okay by some miracle.

But then, just like all the other times, ink veins stretch across his body and he disintegrates.

Tears prick in the corners of my eyes. Why? Why can't anything ever change?

I watch as the ink slowly seeps into the wooden boards.

Alice's voice rages over the intercoms like always. "WHY?! WHY CAN'T YOU EVER JUST DIE?!"

"I could say the same thing.." I mumble under my breath.

The rodeo style doors burst open as usual and Alice rushes at me. I close my eyes preparing for the sound of a knife cutting through flesh.

It doesn't come.

I open my eyes just in time to be tackled to the ground. Alice pins me to the ground with her boot holding a rope over her head.

She pushes her put harder on my chest and I hear a sickening crack. I gasp for breath as she grabs me by the throat and pushes me against the chair nearby.

She grins sickeningly. "I'm done with you. But I know someone who has been waiting for their turn."

A sharp pain shoots through my legs as she pushes me back against the chair.

The angel binds my wrist to the chair before stepping back, seemingly satisfied with her job.

"Oh!" She grins. "Almost forgot the final touch!"

Picking up a bacon soup can she splits it in halves revealing the silvery sharp edges.

I squirm in my seat as she steps closer, but she grabs the back of the chair holding it still.

She runs the can across my legs and beads of red appear on my skin. I have to bite my tongue to keep from yelling out in pain.

The hot pain is impossible to ignore as she steps back into her announcing booth.

I silently plead for Tom and Alison to show up as she clicks on the intercoms.

She clears her throat smoothly. "Ink demon! I'm calling you now, to offer a sacrifice. A peace offering if you will. If you are willing to show your disgusting face he's in the ballroom. Seventh floor."

She smiles sweetly at me as she clicks the intercom off.

I silently pray that he won't show up. I don't think I could run away, let alone walk.

But a few minutes later, dreadfully familiar inky patterns break out on the wall, and I know it's more than a coincidence.

The fallen angel shoots me a shit eating grin before disappearing into thin air.

I hold my breath as the demon trudges into the room. I half expect for Alison to dash in and save me, but she doesn't.

The ink demon looms over me the same silent grin on his face as always. I shiver in his tall shadow.

He steps behind me and chirps, as if asking a question. I stay silent wondering why he can't just kill me and get it over with.

The ink demon grabs my wrists, and for a second I think he might rip them off my arms.

He doesn't. Instead a small snipping noise fills my ears and the ropes fall off my hands.

I lean forward in my chair preparing to make a mad dash to the nearest miracle station before a sharp pain shoots through my legs reminding me I'm injured.

And now I'm laying face down in a puddle of ink and my own blood. A clawed hand grabs my collar gently pulling me back into the chair.

"T-thanks."

The demon nods, before snapping once.

I blink unsure what he did. Then I notice the large ink portal below me.

Shrieking, I fall into the portal. A moment later though I land on something plush.

I open my eyes thankful to still be in one piece.

I'm in the reel room sitting on the ink demon's throne.

Honestly at this point I rather die. There's no way this'll end well.

The cartoon flickers on the screens above me as I rigidly sit on the large chair.

A moment later ink patterns appear on the walls signaling the demons return.

For a brief moment I wonder if I'll die. And when the demon steps through the wall, that's all I can think about.

He approaches the throne with a bundle of items in his claws. I try to sink into the chair away from him, but he firmly grips my arm and pulls me toward him.

A small whimper escapes my throat. The demon gives me some semblance of a sympathetic smile in response.

Dumping all the materials onto it's throne, the demon grabs a bandage and proceeds to wrap it around my leg.

I sharply inhale and pull away the rubbing alcohol stinging like hell.

The ink demon bares his big, sharp teeth at me clearly ticked off.

Then he repeats the same process on the other one, and soon I'm all bandaged up.

The twisted toon chirps once again, happy at his job as a first time nurse.

Suddenly he pulls himself up next to me in the chair. I flinch back, his warm breath blowing against my neck.

It bends down to look at me curiously. I stiffen up again.

The demon huffs seemingly unhappy with this. It pulls me onto it's lap and a low rumbling sound emanates from its throat.

I flinch, holding as still as possible.

It seems like I'm gonna be here for a while....