A Kid. Part 2

(A/N) Bendy and Henry wanna be good dads...They just have no idea how to start.

Henry slumps over in the passenger seat. His brown hair brushing against my cheek making me quietly chuckle.

Adjusting the little mirror, I see my other baby sleeping soundly in the back seat. Her black curls fall over her eyes, her head back against the seat.

It's official. I have the best family.

After another fucking hour of driving I finnally pull up in Henry's driveway.

I kiss my lover's cheek. "Hey." He doesn't wake up. "Hey. Henry."

"W-what?" Ugh. Why does Henry have to sound so amazing? "Our kid, that's what."

"Oh shit!" He turns around in his chair almost immediately to look back at her. "'Oh shit?' Wow Henry, that's not very nice." I grin.

He rolls his eyes. "C'mon, let's get her to bed."

I pull the car door open while Henry grabs the kid. Her head lolls over his shoulder gently as we walk up to the house in the silvery moonlight.

Prying open the door Henry follows me into the living room.

Then it dawns on me.

I have no idea how to raise a kid.

I glance down at Henry. He looks back up at me.

"We're thinking the same thing aren't we?" He asks quietly.

"Not unless you think we're idiots and have no idea how to handle this kid."

Henry nodded. "That's it."

"Well we could probably start by putting her in an actual bed." I suggest with a smirk.

Henry agrees and soon we've dumped the kid off in the guest bedroom. Henry hangs in the doorway though, a soft frown on his face.

"Scared?"

He turns to face me with a sigh. "No...I'm just afraid I'll mess up."

"I mean," He continues, "I babysit my nieces and nephews all the time...But..A kid of my own? I don't know.."

Grabbing his shoulders I hold him at arm's length. "Hey. You'll be a great dad. Just focus on one step ahead instead of 20."

He looks at me with wide eyes that melt into a small smile. "Now c'mon let's get you to bed. You look exhausted."

We walk down the hall, Henry's shoulder continuously brushing against mine in his attempt to stay awake.

I open the door. For some reason though Henry doesn't move. "I'm not tired.." He mumbles.

I snort. "Yes you are." He shakes his head.

"Fine." I grab Henry and throw him onto the bed before crashing down next to him.

"Tired now?" He frowns at me. "I'm tired, I just can't sleep."

I roll my eyes. "Oh poor you. Staying up with me is practically a fate worse than death."

Henry lays his head on my chest with a huff. "Yes it is."

-------------------

I hear a small clicking sound in the dark. The click of our door opening.

Sitting up I silently curse at the fact that Henry is practically pinning me down, laying ontop of me and all.

A small shuffling of feet is heard as it approaches the bed.

"H-hey dads?"

Oh. It's just the kid.

"What's up kiddo?" I mumble, still half asleep.

She stares at the ground hesitantly.

"Get over here kid."

She runs over to the bed and pulls herself up. A small frown graces her face. "S-sorry."

I sit up, moving Henry's head to my lap. "Don't be. We don't do anything but sleep in this bed anyway."

She nods.

I blink. Jeez this kid looks depressed... "How about we watch some TV?"

She shakes her head, tears pricking in her eyes.

I roughly shove Henry off of me hoping he'll wake up. This kid is honestly scaring me right now.

Luckily, it works. "What the h-" He suddenly notices the kid and shuts up. "Oh, what are you doing out of bed?"

Bella plays with a loose strand of thread. "Nightmare."

"You want to talk about it?"

"No."

Henry frowns. He pats the blanket between us. "You can sleep with us tonight, ok?"

She quietly sniffs before snuggling into the blanket between us.

And in a few minutes, she's asleep again.

"That went surprisingly well."

Henry yawns. "Well half a billion nights up late with an upset kid will do that."

I smirk. "That makes no sense."

"I know."

"Love you babe."

"Love you too."