Prince Charming AU

"Turn around for me."

Henry sighed, putting up his arms. He turned into a slow circle before returning to glare at his seamstress.

She grinned back, either being to stupid to know what it meant, or too stupid to care.

"Val, you said that was the last time!" The prince whined, pulling his shoulder sleeve up.

Henry did not want to be prince. He didn't want to be royalty. People talked about him like he was causing all of their problems, despite him not even being in the royal counsel.

And arranged marriage. Oh yeah. There's that can of worms too.

All the girls Henry had met had no passion for him, only for the money. He doubted his future wife would even come to his funeral.

The clothes he wore were often too big and revealing, making him feel like he was just a pretty doll to be put on a shelf, not like others didn't treat him that way.

Val nodded in approval and headed out of the room.

Before she left though, she turned around to Henry. "Better get some rest sleeping beauty, you have a long night ahead of you."

And Henry did.

......

Hours later he was awakened to a loud banging on his door.

"Henry!" It was Wally, the castlekeeper. "You're gonna be late pal!"

"Oh shit!"

Henry shot out of bed and got dressed at record speed.

Adjusting his shirt shoulder he pushed his door open and strode down the hall.

He strode with a purpose down the marble floored halls and into the ballroom.

Snatching his throne from the over gaudy case he plopped down in his chair in between the queen and his arranged girlfriend who he would soon be forced to marry.

The dance had already started, the wealthy strutting up and down the flooring in a slow waltz.

But something other than this boring show of placement in the social hierarchy caught his eye.

A tall, and rather attractive person was striding toward him and they had...a tail?

It swung around the strangers legs as they climbed the stairs towards Henry.

They stopped a few inches in front of Henry's chair, a soft grin on their face.

"Sorry," They purred in a silky yet distorted voice, "But, can you move, you've taken my spot."

The soon to be princess scoffed. "Are you talking to me?"

The odd person chuckled. "Well I would say, 'who does it look like I'm talking to' but your squinty little eyes wouldn't be able to tell."

Linda stood up and stormed out of the room.

"Great." The stranger sat down on the throne and gazed out at the dancers as I did my best not to stare.

The stranger was finely dressed, fully decked out in a top hat and a tux tied up in a tattered white bowtie. Despite the outfit normally being tacky, it was oddly classy on them.

"You look nice."The prince blushed. "Thanks." Their tail seemed to wag.

They watched the next dances together with a smile on their faces.

But all good things have to end.

Linda came back with two guards and pointed the trespasser out.

A bullet tore through the silk top hat on the odd person's head, knocking it off showing ink back horns.

Revealing that they were actually a member of the Lost Angels, a group that had been successful in several large robberies around the globe.

They smirked. "Whelp, I think it's time for me to go, but. Would you care for this last dance?"

Henry's eyes widened as the rest of the world faded away. His heart pounding in his chest.

A last dance?

With the leader of a criminal group?

The newly revealed ink demon grinned at him. "What's it going to be prince charming?"

"A yes."

The ink demon pulled him from the seat and into his arms.

Their movements were like clockwork as they danced down the stairs and into the ballroom with the other couples.

Henry had never felt more free in his entire life, the ink demon leading the dance the whole way.

Then they broke apart, dashing out of the mess of guards hand in hand.

"Boris! The party is over!" He yelled at a humanoid wolf at the punch table.

The wolf nodded and dashed with the demon-human pair towards the entrance.

As we passed a woman Henry now recognized as Alice angel, the ink demon grabbed her arm and pulled her along with us.

Bullets flew through the air causing sparks to jump at their feet.

After several tense minutes of dashing down the marble halls we finally pushed open the door and escaped into the crisp night air.

They continued running until the gunshots died out.

The ink demon then lead them into the ruins of an ancient castle.

There is no ceiling, and the walls are only a little taller than the ink demon himself.

Alice sorts jewelry, wallets, and gold coins into a nook beneath the rotting floorboards, while Boris places a cup of fruit punch in the center, proudly displaying it.

The ink demon has the largest hall of any of them, dumping 3 crowns onto the table, along with several large items from the castle treasury.

Instead of being offended though, Henry was positively beaming.

He had just had the best night of his entire life.

Alice and Boris then retreated to their respectful rooms, leaving Henry and the demon alone.

The ink demon pulled himself up on top of the wall, leaving Henry to follow.

Henry gripped the rough stone hosting himself up next to the demon who smirked at him.

"Wow, princes aren't completely helpless after all." He teased.

"Wow, looks like thieves aren't heartless ruffians after all."

They argued and joked throughout the night, and the next morning Boris and Alice found their boss sleeping next to this guy they have never met before.

It was cute, to see their badass boss so close to a  prince they had only met the night before.