Prologue

Ciana Hale is the youngest sister of Derek Hale and Laura Hale and one of the remaining Hales. Her family maybe werewolves but she is different. Nobody in her family knows what she is except her mother. Everyone considers her as a normal human but she is far from normal. She was the one with The Gift. She would have know what she is if her mother would have been alive to tell her.

For decades the Hale family lived peacefully in their huge family house in the middle of the woods in Beacon Hills. Until somebody sets fire in it.

"Ciana, come on you said you would play with me" said her werewolf sister Cora. Both of the sister were close to each other despite their differences.

"You mean we will play where we race each other and you always win" retorted Ciara. Cora being a werewolf always wins race in running and Ciara being human always lefts behind. But despite their bickering and fights at the end of the day both of them finds each other as the best. Nobody dares to insult the other in their presence.

"Its not my fault you can't run faster" replied Cora.

"Yes, I know and that's why we'll be watching SpongeBob" Ciara said. Despite being human, she was content and never wanted to be a werewolf knowing the price at which it come.

"Okay but tomorrow we will go to the park" Cora agreed and both goes to their room.

Downstairs, Laura and Derek were getting ready to go to a basketball game and Talia was bidding them goodbyes. "Have a good time and be back before the curfew." Talia said waving towards them and then returning to make dinner.

Little did they know that everything was going to change when they return.

Both Ciana and Cora were laughing while watching SpongeBob, when they suddenly hear screams coming from downstairs. Not long after, the whole house was full of flames and black smokes.

"Mommy.....mommy!!" Both Cora and Ciana started screaming not knowing what was happening.

"Cora?....Ciana?" Talia came rushing in and picked up both her daughters and moves towards the stairs. But before they could go, flames engulfed them and spread around them.

"Listen both of you, go near the window and jump and go to Derek or Laura. Move NOW" Talia ordered both of them in her alpha voice. Both of them bowed their heads and ran towards outside.

As the flames got large, Cora and Ciana lost each other between the flames. Ciana tried to move but the flames surrounded her but she noticed that she wasn't burning or injured because of them and started feeling the pain of every other member in the fire while they were dying in the fire. Her eyes started glowing as she screamed and cried seeing the roof collapsing over her mother.

She was distraught and overwhelmed feeling all of the emotional pain but she followed her mother's order and rushed towards the exit and as the flames wasn't able to burn her, she made out but saw that her Uncle Peter was trapped inside and rushed towards him and tried to pull him out.

Suddenly, she heard sirens, and saw that police and EMT have arrived along with fire brigade. They helped her in rescuing Peter but he was covered in burns. The EMT grabbed a blanket and wrapped around Ciana while taking Peter to hospital.

While on the other side, in the basketball field, both Laura and Derek were there. The air was chilly and the moon was shining bright and silver above. Twenty minutes into the game and both the teams had scored once. Both Laura and Derek were arguing which team is better and who is going to win. Until an howl was heard by them near their home. Derek was already on his feet while Laura was behind him.

When they reached near the house, both the siblings knew what was going on. Their home was on fire, house engulfed in bright orange flames, black smokes with agonized and desperate screams.

"No!" Derek screamed as he started to run towards the house but was held back by Laura who was crying seeing the scene in front of them. They were dying and there was nothing they could do. The police came and stared to evacuate the area. The Hale siblings saw Laura's eyes glowing crimson red meaning she became the new Alpha and their mother and family was dead.

The police arrived towards them and informed them the name of survivors. Laura rushed toward her sister's ambulance where she saw her crying and hugged her, soon to be joined by Derek. Both of the elder siblings were glad that their sister wasn't injured. The police informed them that maybe she was near to the exit, that's why she wasn't injured by the flames and also rescued Peter but he wasn't lucky enough.

After the fire, nobody saw any hope, Derek was now always cold, angry and guilty whereas Laura tried to fix the things and Ciana felt so lost, confused and alone. She didn't knew what happened during the fire and why she wasn't burned and why she started feeling what every person was feeling. She tried telling this to Laura and Derek but both of them assumed that she was traumatised and believed what the police and doctors told them. So, she gave up trying to convince them.

Soon Laura took them to New York and they moved there where they could hide from the hunters and still live in the open in a huge, busy city.

But nothing is forever. Little did she soon soon things are going to change for her.

This is my first book. Hope y'all like it. Please vote, share, comment and follow.
Next part publishing soon...