Arriving at Alfea

"Wow" I couldn't help but stare in awe at the building in front of me, it was massive and the courtyard is full of people. I checked my phone waiting for any information, having absolutely no idea where to go.

I left New York today. Laura was easy to convinced but Derek, he still doesn't agree on the idea but both of them doesn't care much so it was easy to come.

I put on my headphones as crowded spaces are nightmare with all of the emotions I can feel of others.

As I walked forward the crowd, my eyes fell on a guy. He was attractive and tall, muscular and has brown hair and dark hazel colored eyes. His emotions weren't all over like others. He has a calm, opposite of chaos and peaceful emotion. He stares in my direction but I turned around blushing and walked away.

He must be attractive but I'm not interested in any kind of relationship right now or at least I thought of it.

I started to walk toward the Alfea gate as my phone chimes with a new message -
Meet Stella @ Alfea Gate ~ Alfea Office. I put back my headphones while I wait for Stella. She is blond and seems fashion obsessed.

"You must be Ciana. I'm Stella. Shall we?" she asked more like ordered with a fake smile.

I smiles softly and replied rolling my eyes " Yeah! Nice to meet you too" as we both walk down the halls of the school.

"Miss Dowling tells me that it is your first time in the Other World. I hope your trip was painless" Stella says.

"Well, she did give me the time and place of the gateway in the middle of nowhere" I replied sarcastically.

"Well, Miss Dowling likes to do things by the book and keeping your world a secret from ours is chapter one. So, how did you found about Alfea anyways?" she asks rolling her eyes clearly not interested in the conversation.

"Miss Dowling found me actually and told me everything about me being a fairy and the other realms. She also informed me that she knew my mother from the First World" I replied as we make our ways through the Headmistress Office.

"You didn't knew you were a fairy?" she asked surprised raising her eyebrows. I just shook my head. "Then how did your mother knew Miss Dowling?" she asked further.

"I don't know but it doesn't surprise me as my mother was the Alpha" I said and she gave me a confused look and I continued further "My family were werewolves and my mother was the Alpha of the pack and I thought I was just a human but apparently I'm not and then Miss Dowling found me" I finished as we came to stop outside the Headmistress office.

"Well, nice to know about it and our stop has come. Hope we will meet soon again" she bids farewell and I nodded.

As I enter the office, Miss Dowling was already there waiting. She greets me and says "Think of Alfea as your new home. It must be overwhelming being at a entirely new world and new school."

"Yeah! Kinda nervous about it." I said softly.

"So, when do we start?" I ask, wanting to be able to control over my power as soon as possible and just go back home. I still miss my family or what left of it.

"Official classes for first year students will start next two week from now. Till then you'll be give tour of this place, get to know it. You'll start with the basics. Learn to use your magic slowly but safely." she says.

"When you say .....slowly...." I began to ask but she cuts me off.

"I mean it. Magic can be dangerous as you well know. Our curriculum is designed with that in mind. Usually fairies are born with the power of one element but you have the gift of three element - Fire, Light and Mind. Trust the process." she says and hands me my schedule and room keys. I just nodded as I figured out that much already.

"The slow process." I confirmed again nodding my head slowly.

"Alfea's graduates have ruled realms and led armies. They've forged powerful relics and rediscovered long-lost magic. They shaped the Otherworld. If you succeed here, you will too" she says.

"Well this place...the Otherworld and Alfea.....it seems amazing but it isn't my home. I don't need to rule a realm or lead an army and I'm here because you promised you'd teach me control" I say.

"No, Ciana. You're here because you knew you had no other choice" she corrected me which is true though. "I have faith in you and I'm sure Talia would be proud of you" she says and smiles softly.

I signed as I remember my mother and it felt like a pang in my heart and opened a wound. I miss her.

I left the office and texted Laura and Derek that I've safely made through the day.

Then, I made my way to my new room where I'll meet my new roommates.

It's going to be interesting staying here.