After Hale Fire

After 6 years ~

Ciana POV -

It's been years since the fire. Everything seems so lost and broken into thousands of pieces that can't be fixed.

I'm now 5'5 tall with long wavy dark brown hair and green eyes. Laura tries to give us a normal life but she knows nothing is going to be normal after what happened. A part of our souls died with our family members. As for Derek, he isn't the same anymore, he isn't the loving,  cheerful brother anymore. But it's isn't his fault also. He is always so cold, grumpy and angry. It's like he doesn't care about anything anymore, not even me. He doesn't act like my brother anymore.

And as for me, things changed. I changed, but nobody knows, not even Laura and Derek. After the fire, my whole life changed. I started to feel everyone's emotions and I have fire and light powers. I didn't knew what was going on with me. I thought I was a human but apparently I'm not and I didn't want to tell my siblings because when I said the first time they didn't believed me and secondly I didn't want to burden Laura and Derek doesn't seem to care and I don't want to be called a freak.

As for my apparent powers, I have fire and light powers and I could feel everyone's emotion which is a nightmare. Like, Derek always feels guilty and angry all the time and Laura is always sad. I don't want to feel other's emotions all the time. So to escape this nightmare, I use headphone always. And as for my light and fire powers, I don't know how to control them. I could either blind or burn someone to death or I could barely light a stick.

Bad things happens when I lose control, so I started spending most of my time in a nearby barn alone, so that I can't feel anyone's emotions and I don't need to think about losing control. Sometimes I try to use my powers but they always go haywire.

I'm just sad that neither Laura nor Derek knows about it and they doesn't care to find out also. I wish they could teach me, but since they didn't believe me, I also don't want to tell them. Stubbornness is in our genes.

I didn't knew what to do until Miss Farah Dowling found me and told me that she knew my mother Talia and that I'm a fairy born with the power of three elements. I'm fire, light and mind fairy to be exact. And that there is a boarding school Alfea for fairies in The Other World. Which I first thought was crazy but it turns out to be true. But I have to learn control over my powers, so that I don't hurt anyone and can live a normal life.

So, now I will be going to attend Alfea Boarding School but nobody should know about the other realms as a way to protect them. So, Miss Dowling said that I shall be telling my siblings that I got a scholarship in a boarding school in Switzerland and she will send all the other documents through mail.

Ding Ding Ding

As our doorbell rings and Derek goes to open it.

"Ciana" Derek shouts and Laura also enters the living room. He must have gotten the mail sent by Miss Dowling about the scholarship and boarding school. God know what will be their reaction but I must convince them.

"Yes" I said.

"What is this?" asks Derek as he shows me the letter. God, he is sounds slightly angry.

"What??" I replied as I walk towards them. I have to sound that I don't know about the admission as per Miss Dowling. God, this is so hard.

"I don't know you tell me. Apparently this is your acceptance letter to a privileged boarding school in Switzerland." retorted Derek.

"WHAT !!!" exclaimed Laura and snatched the letter from Derek and reads it. I could literally feel Derek's angry level and Laura's shockness.

"What? They accepted me, I didn't knew about it. I just filled the form and gave the online admission test. I didn't think they would accept me" I said sounded like I'm slightly surprised.

"Well, they accepted you and wants you to join this weekend in Switzerland. You could have asked for our permission first before doing anything like this" Derek said.

"As if you care anymore about me" I muttered barely audibly. "I didn't thought they would accept me at the first place. That's why I didn't tell you guys and since they accepted I want to go now." I said out aloud.

"Ciana, this is great but are you sure you want this. This school is in Switzerland, you could go any other nearby school too or you could continue your online classes only. This isn't necessary." Laura said putting her hands in my shoulder.

"Yes, Laura is right. You should continue your online classes. Tell them you don't want it" Derek said agreeing with her.

"No, I'll not continue online classes. I'm done with sitting in my room always and attending those fucking classes. I'm almost 16 and I want to go to a high school" I argued.

"But you could go to a nearby high school here. Their is a lot of best schools in New York and here we could look after you also" Laura said.

"Look after me. Oh! You mean where you do your own work and Derek sulks somewhere in the corner and I sit alone in my room and attending classes all day" I scoffed walking around the dining table.

"Ciana-" Derek starts to argue but I cut him off.

"Look, I know you don't want me to go there but I want to. I want to go to high school like the both of you did, not just stop my life like the both of you are doing. Mom would have wanted us to live our life not just stop it." I tried to convince them.

"Ok, if this is what you want then you can go" Laura agreed after thinking for a moment. She was always easy to convince.

"What! Laura you can't. This school is in Switzerland and we don't know anything about this, for all we know this could be fake." Derek argued with her. It is fake.

"Yeah! But she is right we can't stop her from living her life. Mom would have done the same thing" Laura said.

"But she could go into any school here. No need to send her to some school across the globe" Derek said angrily.

"No, I want to go to this school and also all the deadlines of other schools in New York are over." I replied.

"Derek, let her go. This is her choice." Laura said.

"You know what do whatever you want. I don't care!!" Derek snapped and stormed out of the room angrily.

"Don't worry, he will understand with time. You go and reply to the mail and get ready" Laura assured me and smiled. I just nodded and went upstairs and decided to inform Miss Dowling about it. She replied that she will send the time and place for the gateway to the Other World.

And soon life is about to change.....

Please comment how the story is and if you liked it or not and don't forget to vote and share.