Chapter Seven: No

I slowly opened my eyes and squinted the moment the light hit my vision. I groaned as I felt it beating my face like a drunk abusive husband. The kind who's all sweet and promising at the beginning but will chain you inside your own bedroom when he doesn't like how you cook.

That's why I don't believe in marriage.

Speaking of marriage: I had the weirdest dream last night. Even the thought of it made me shiver.

"You're awake." A voice announced, and from the corner of my eye I saw a figure advanced towards the bed I'm in. As if my dreams came to life when I heard each heavy footsteps he took.

Oh no no no! I pressed my eyes shut, trying to wake myself up from a dream I don't want to be a part of. There's no way all of this is real. But the moment my hand loudly slapped against my cheek, I swear I could almost feel my brain shook. That's when I met his eyes, who were staring at me with amusement.

"What happened—" Like a huge wave, my memory went crashing back to me and pulled me into the depths of the ocean where the creature involved only me and a hot stranger with our sweaty body pressed together with our moans of pleasure filled the air. It's like watching my worst nightmare— a very weird erotic movie my parents would be ashamed of. And I wouldn't even defend myself. "Oh my god! No! Please tell me nothing happened. Oh my God I can't—shit..." I stopped when I realized I'm naked under the sheets.

Jesus Christ, Lilian! You're a slut!

His lips curled into a smirk. "I reckon you still don't remember me after last night."

"What?" I stopped pulling out my hair. We're still on that? I looked at him in disbelief. "I don't even know you!" I made a point before securely wrapping myself with the sheet and took my dress that was neatly folded on a nearby chair. "Look, I don't think we've met before. So stop asking me to remember you." I said as I awkwardly walked towards a door I thought was the bathroom but turned out to be a huge closet. Well, it's better than nothing, I thought, as I changed into my dress.

When I looked around, I jumped in surprise to see him leaning on the doorway, with his arms folded on his chest and openly checking me out. That's when I noticed the tattoo crawling down the side of his forearm. I fought the urge to read the cursive letters written in vertical line. "A picture would last longer." The same grin curled on his lips.

I scoffed. Oh, so he's turning the table around on me now? "Get out." I shot him a look.

"I'm Luca." He introduced as I passed by him to look for my shoes.

"I don't really care who you are. Where's my shoes?" I said as I checked every corner of the room in pursuit of the only thing I need before I leave this place.

"I forgive you."

From looking under the bed, my back straightened as I narrowed my eyes at him. His eyes changed in colors from green to grey as the light hit his face. His unkempt white shirt that revealed his toned chest gave me enough reason to admit that he's really hot. Well, sure, devils work out too. And his brown disheveled hair was the icing on top.

"What?"

"For the fact that you didn't bother to tell me that you were pregnant with my child."

I was silent for a moment, thinking about what he just said, but the more I think about it, the more confused I get. "I'm sorry. What?"

"I'm your daughter's father."

And that's when I burst out laughing.

***