New Law (Short)

After considering the choices for the recruitment, Y/N made his decision.

Y/N: "We will have the military of the United States integrate all willing hands of the new world."

After he said that, both parties knew he was speaking on code, and what he was actually saying was: "Both Humans and Faunus would be allowed to join the military if they so wish".

Granite and his Reformists nodded to his decision, but Franklin and his Purists looked at the Reformists and at Y/N with looks of disgust. Y/N knew what this would mean for both sides. After a minute or two, the Purists stood up and left the room, some of them whispering on how the decision will hurt the military and the Enclave.

Once the doors closed, it was just the President and the Reformists alone in the room. Once it had all been quiet, Granite looked at Y/N.

Granite: "Thank you, Mr. President."

Y/N: "For?" looking back at Granite.

Granite: "For seeing sense in what is right and correct. This will not only quickly increase our strength to protect ourselves but would show that the Enclave can be the United States it once was. We are accepting people who I could almost consider normal humans, as ourselves."

Granite stood up, so did his reformists.

Granite: "I'll be attending other matters at hand and to apply the recruitment bill as soon as possible. I do hope we can work together further in the future, Mr. President."

Y/N nodded, while Granite and the other reformists left the room. In just a minute, Y/N was all alone. Once he was, he relaxed himself and heavily sighed. He would not leave until a few minutes later, before returning to his office.

------

Now, I know this is short a shet.

This is less of a normal chapter and more of a verification that yes.

I am alive, and I shall try to get back to my normal writing routine.