The Minotaur

Griselda proved indeed just how merciless she was. From top to bottom, the girls had no choice but to scrub every inch of Alfea clean. In one case toothbrushes were used, for the stair railings. Tristitia had not been one to complain about chores mind, in this case she grumbled with the rest of her friends.

Tristitia, Bloom and Musa began their mopping while Tecna and Flora scrubbed the stairs. Stella filed her nails, watching only them. "There, that's ten more halls to go." Bloom said, aiming to be enthusiastic.

Musa grumbled as she wiped sweat from her brow. "Hey, how about a little H-E-L-P, Stella!" she called.

"Totally! This is your fault, anyway." Bloom chimed.

"My fault?!" Stella cried, offended at their remarks.

"If you hadn't opened your big yap trap-." Musa began.

"You all laughed!"

"Stella, please for our sake just grab a damn brush and help." Tristitia scolded. Flora was not present for the time being, cursing has been shown to be beneficial every so often.

Stella threw up her hands. "Blisters are my enemy!"

"Wear gloves!" Musa countered.

Gasps escaped Stella's lips. "Ew! Gloves and a tank top together? No thanks!"

"You know, you're totally right. I haven't thought of that before." Bloom said, reaching for her bucket's handle. Tristitia looked at her with a knowing grin, chuckles threatening to escape.

Stella jutted her chin in that manner, many of important persons do. "Thank you, Bloom. Getting dirty is not in my nature." She sniffed, crossing her arms over her chest.

"You aren't the only princess here, y'know!" Musa snapped. Ready to pull her hair out.

Tristitia tapped Bloom on her shoulder, whispering. "Let me see that." She nodded to the bucket, all the while Stella jabbers. Without warning, water and soap are splashed upon an unexpected Stella. Her hair is matted to her head, clothes soap covered and drenched with lukewarm water.

"You were saying, Stella?" Tristitia asked, blinking her eyes in an innocent manner, before bursting into laughter with Bloom and Musa.

"Hang on Tris, more where that came from!" Musa declared, throwing water onto her next.

Surprised laughter escaped from the princess, grinning impishly her way. "That was uncalled for. Treasonous!"

"Careful Musa or it's off with our heads!" Bloom jests, laughing when Stella throws water atop her head.

Musa and Tristitia ended up taking cover behind the bleachers, holding their stomachs still heaving. Water still dripped from either's hair. "Heh...that wasn't so bad, after all. I used to help the maids out, back on Realia much to my father's scoldings. I always felt bad for them, even if it was their job." Tristitia admits, wringing her hair out. "What's your place, like?"

Musa looked away from her. A heavy lump formed in her throat. "Oh...I'm sorry."

"Nah, you're fine. I'm from Melody, my dad was a prince who married my mom who was not royalty. He gave up that life in turn just to be with her."

"How romantic! He must have loved her so."

"More than you can imagine, she died when I was pretty young...got sick bad. I don't remember her, but I try to you know?"

"Of course...it's not easy, losing a parent. My mother died as well, when I was ten-years old. Virtus was thirteen."

Musa grimaced, frowning in thought rubbing her neck. "What'd she die from?"