Race for the Rose

A yawn escaped Virtus's lips as he awoke next morning, arms stretched above his head. Warm morning sunlight crept in through the window, of his and Timmy's shared bedroom. He could see the younger of the two packing his suitcase.

"Morning Virtus," Timmy greeted with a smile. Pushing his glasses up his nose. "Are you going home today?"

"Home? Oh...right. The Day of the Rose." Virtus responds, rubbing his neck. "Things are complicated back on Realia still, based on my findings last month." He grimaced, thankful Timmy understood.

"Ah, right, yeah. I forgot, sorry."

"No, you're fine. I might spend the day with Riven, Tris and the guys."

Timmy gave a sheepish chuckle, as Virtus helped him pack the last of his clothes. "Good-luck with him, he's been a grouch lately. Ever since we dealt with that Minotaur last week, come to think."

He gave a dismissive wave of his hand. "Bah, I'm used to his behavior, though I will admit he wasn't always like this when we were kids."

That was the concerning part. He had hoped Riven would have matured by now, as his father would have wanted. Shaking his head, he wished Timmy well on his trip, checking the clock on his wall. An ancient antique one in Realia fashion. That of bronze, carvings depicting of ancient creatures and magic. Before its winds, its pendulum swings at an even pace.

Should it open, it would reveal a display of a warrior and a dragon in great combat when the hours count down. He apologized to the guys, who became quite startled when they first heard a dragon's fire in between his laughter.

Headmaster Saladin had since made his departure, hoping to see his mother. Ripe at one hundred and thirteen years old. Virtus was thankful he did not add 'young'.

Riven was found walking out of the school, as Virtus caught up to him. "Hey, there you are. What's the agenda for today, Magenta?"

A slight eye roll is given to Virtus in turn. "Sky and Brandon wanted me to hang out with them, couldn't talk my way out of it. They insisted you come along."

"That's lovely. Sky making googly eyes at Stella, all day." Virtus faked a gag, earning a small grin from Riven. "I'll call Tris up and let her know."

Dialing her number on his phone, he was pleased to hear an answer. He was pleased she sounded in a good mood this morning, at the least. No new nightmares seemed to haunt her, as they once would.

Insisting on staying with Musa for the day, he sighed wearily having held enough hope she would be with them.

Riven had grown protective of Tristitia, though he would never admit it. Magix City was bustling with activity, by the time of their arrival. Many flocked the streets, celebrating with their parents and loved ones.

Roses began to rain upon them, bright red roses. Riven caught one in his hand, grinning at Virtus. "Only because it matches your eyes."

"Ha, ha." Virtus dead panned, nudging his sister's side feeling her laugh. He took it regardless, a shy grin crossing his face.

"Good to see you Sky, Brandon." A nod is given their way, while both in return shoot Virtus a warning look.

Why they decided to mask their identities, he could not say for sure. It only brought upon confusion for he and his sister in all truth.

"Wow, they look fierce this year." Sky declared. "It's the annual Race of the Rose." He stated, noting Bloom's confused expression.

"It'll be intense this year, for sure." Brandon replied.