Bloom Tested

Come the next morning, all were called into the lecture hall for Professor Palladium had an important announcement. Tristitia's face paled considerably as he spoke of a simulation test, leading them to the testing room.

A large computer could be seen, along with what she assumed was the portal into it. A girl beside her raised her hand. "What is it, exactly professor?" she asked. "Is it safe?"

"It's perfectly safe, I assure. It's the product of the most powerful magic and the most sophisticated technology. The light produced by these amber panels allows our powerful computer to create all kinds of virtual realities and environments. The replications are absolutely flawless."

Stella raised her hand, eyes shining with a thought Tristitia knew already she had. "Ah, can it be used to simulate virtual dates with boys?"

"And of course, you would be the one to have one." Tristitia comments, earning laughter from the girls. Stella blushed, casting her a warning look.

"Yes, well, why don't we, uh, simulate your final exam instead?"

Many gasped at Tecna's statement in surprise, while Palladium merely smiled. "In the anticipation of the upcoming midterm, I've set up for you a simulation of some of the things that will definitely be on the test. Now...a volunteer. ou'll be able to choose between two tests, look."

With a controller in hand, he operates the room. The students gasp in wonder, seeing they're on a different world. Lush and green. An always existent star filled sky, no matter the time of day, with a towering castle down a forest path. Tristitia's eyes shimmer with excitement and fear.

"We're in my world!"

Palladium nodded. "Yes, though I imagine its different now...this is, your world, Tristitia. Your first option is: use your magic to counteract the unfortunate results of evil spells cast by a group of wicked witches."

Several witches appeared. Spells were cast on three unfortunate boys, turning them into frogs. The witches looked nothing like The Trix. What an ancient one would look like, their faces covered in warts, dressed in a black shroud.

Bloom shuddered at the sight. "Do they ever look real?"

"Unfortunately, witches from Realia are uglier than the ones here." Stella chimed, with a grimace.

The scenery changed to that of a desolate planet, barren of any grass or water. "Now, option number 2: use magic to produce positive results on a damaged environment." Palladium began.

"That's my area of expertise!" Flora added.

"It'll be a simple walk in the park for someone like me." Stella said with a broad grin, as Bloom rolled her eyes.

"Modesty's really your strong suit, isn't it, Stella?"

" No, my second best right after beauty."

Tristitia nudged her as Palladium cleared his throat. " We'll all meet here tomorrow for your midterm. Please do come well-prepared and ready to go. Believe me, this will be an experience you'll remember for a very long time."

~/////~

She wished she could say things had improved on their home planet. There was such hope in his heart, things would slowly return to normal as they once were. Yet, a call from Legatura several days later filled Virtus only with dread and fear. It was evident in her brother's tone.

"A civil war? Are you sure?" Tristitia said low enough, not wanting any to eavesdrop.

"Yeah, that's what Legatura de Sange told me last night. Looks like our old man's lost it...."