Stolen Flame

Late into the night, Virtus remained awake in his hospital bed. Urged on by Saladin to heal his rib injury, he had no say in the matter of going or not to the school's trained Healer. A woman hailed from her world in the medicinal practice, one who reminded him so much of his and his sister's old wet nurse.

His mind replayed those events which occurred hours ago. In vain attempting to concoct where it all went wrong and why. As he turned over on his side, he noticed the figure whom had entered his ward. Even in the dark he knows it to be Riven, before moonlight reveals his face.

"Surprised to see you here, didn't think you would visit."

Riven's lips twitched at that. "I'm going to Cloud Tower, last chance if you want to come with me."

"The answer is no, Riven. My home is here, with our friends."

"No chance of changing your mind?"

"Not on your soul...which I hope, returns to you."

A scoff escaped, as Riven ran a hand through his own hair. "You act as if I'm dead, always the dramatic one eh?"

Virtus raised his head from the pillow, enjoying that faint breeze trickling in through his opened window by his own accord. The nurse warned he would catch a fever, but he assured it was fine. "Far as I'm concerned, you are dead. I don't believe in goodbye's, rather, you know where to find me if you make your decision to return."

"As if I'd return to this place, see ya."

He left Virtus's wing in haste, not once looking back nor did Virtus. Some memories did return, of them together as children. Whenever Riven hurt his knee by falling or tripping over something, Virtus was there to comfort. There is none of that, by Darcy though she does. It feels a façade. Disingenuous.

I hope you know what you're doing his own thoughts chime, which he pushed away.

~/////~

Out in the courtyard of Alfea come a few days late, Tristitia and the others noted Bloom sitting by herself near her favorite spot, the water fountain. Distant is the one emotion they could feel, from their friend since that Red Fountain incident. Tristitia, Musa, Flora and Tecna approached her sullen form.

"Bloom, is everything alright?" Tecna asked.

"I'd like to wait for Stella, first." She replied.

"Hey, there she is." Stella ran towards them, panting heavily after skidding to a halt. Tristitia could only shake her head in disbelief, knowing what she was up to.

"Let me guess...." She began. Waiting for Stella to explain, grinning big.

"Sorry! I lost track of time, I was color coordinating my notebooks and pencils with my pens. Makes outfit managing much easier." Of course, that would be her excuse. Bloom did not show one smile at this, amidst their banter.

Tecna shook her head lowly. "My, oh, my. You have your priorities set."

"Priorities are straight but the rest of her brain is a little bit askew." Musa chimed, making the 'crazy' sign.

"I have to talk to you girls, seriously."

All stopped to listen, Flora placed a calm hand over Bloom's shoulder. Her face laced with concern. "What's the matter, Bloom?" she asked.

Taking a deep breath, Bloom closed her hands together. Her glance more so towards Tristitia. "I-I wanted to apologize for my behavior at Red Fountain last week. It was uncalled for."

"Hey, it's alright, everyone makes mistakes." Flora assured.

"No, it's more than a mistake, Flora. I hurt Tristitia, could have seriously hurt Diaspro of all people. And...I've decided, maybe it's best I left Alfea."