[S4] The Corridor of Elders

........................................................

Italics = Reader's thoughts

........................................................

I was pissed. Chen has locked me in a dungeon, made me fight for my life in his games, left me to die, and now because of his tricks I am abandoned in the LITERAL middle of nowhere! I huff angrily before turning to a flat piece of land and concentrating. I summoned a crystal bike, since my dragon power failed thanks to Chen's little ruse. And just when I was getting the hang of it! I have to get to Lloyd and the others. Got to make sure they're okay. That he's ok. I revved the engine and sped off into the distance. As I got closer to the Sea of Sand, Neuro telepathically contacted me and told me to get to the Samurai X Cave. I smirked. You read my mind, Neuro! I'm on my way. I turn towards the direction of the Samurai X Cave as I fly even faster across the barren dunes. 

When I get to the cave, most of the other Elemental Masters are arriving. From the corner of my eye I see Kai meet up with Skylor with a smile on both of their faces as they talk. Such a cute scene causes me to smile but not for long. My attention is drawn to a tense atmosphere surrounding Garmadon, his brother, and his wife near the main computer. They seem to be ignoring him, causing the giant purple snake-man to wilt a bit. I wasn't the only one to notice this as Lloyd walks in turn besides me as I walk towards Garmadon. I turn to the blonde asking, "Do you know what's going on with them?" "I'm afraid I do." Lloyd says with a sad sigh. He puts a hand on his father's shoulder asking, "He knows about the letter?" Though Lloyd already knew the answer. "The message was delivered." Garmadon says, shaking his head solemnly. "I'm sorry. Just give them time. I'm sure they will come around." I say trying to console my friend.

We are interrupted by the Speed Demon himself asking loudly, "So why were we asked here? We should be out fighting snakes." "Because anyone can fight. Only one side can declare victory," Wu muses. Nya speaks up with a map of the Ninjago coastline on the big computer screen behind her. "In the time it took you to get here, Chen has taken over the entire Eastern seaboard and is moving inland. With each village destroyed, they grow stronger." "That's a lot of red. Karlof not like red." Karlof states punching his big metal fists together. Makes sense. You and Kai really went at it when you first met. "How are we supposed to stop them? Most of us have lost control of our Dragons, not to mention we're outnumbered ten to one." the Master of Gravity stated rather obviously. "Actually, 62.4 to one." Zane stated matter-of-factly. "Not helping Blue Eyes, we need a strategy." I say to the group, many murmuring amongst themselves over the current situation. 

Lloyd, being Lloyd, tried to rally the troops. "Look, I'm scared like the rest of you. It may look like we've lost, but it's not over. When we thought we lost Zane, it nearly tore us apart. But we didn't quit. We let it fuel us. We grew stronger." Lloyd says, trying to encourage the others. "There's hope." Wu says before pointing his staff to an area of the map on screen behind him. "The Corridor of Elders." he stated. "What is that?" I whisper to Jay who stands to my left. "No, clue. But they will probably inform us. Just smile and act like you know what's going on. That's what I always do. Never fails!" Well that's helpful, I thought sarcastically. Wu continues his speech. "I know we don't stand much of a chance taking on his entire army at once, but after he's controlled the East, he'll move West tomorrow and have to pass through Echo Canyons. Our best tactical position is to make our stand where it bottlenecks: here," Wu states pointing to a place on the map. "At the Corridor of Elders, the monuments honoring our ancestors. It's the narrowest channel, but our greatest chance."

"If we can't stop them here, the rest of Ninjago will fall like dominos." Garmadon chimes in. "Karlof not like to lose. Karlof fueled!" Karlof shouts. "Then we have one day to save tomorrow." Wu says, causing us all to cheer in encouragement. "So what can we do to increase our chances against these guys? It's not exactly like we did much damage to them before. They have an army!" I tell the wise old men. "Then we get one." Garmadon hisses. Wu nods and holds his hand out to the crowd, rather dramatically. "Go to the people, our allies, anyone who can help in the oncoming battle." Wu answers. We nod and head off across Ninjago.