[Season 5] Winds of Change

........................................................

Italics = Character's thoughts

........................................................

Lloyd POV:

I woke up as light started to illuminate my room. I looked over to where (Y/n) was last night and saw an empty spot on my bed. I was a little sad at that. He usually wakes up with me. Then we go and get breakfast together. Wu might've called for an early training session with him and I didn't know. He's been doing that more often, much to (Y/n)'s delight. I lay on my back and sigh. I think back to the fun day we had yesterday at the arcade. I looked over to my bedside table at the plush black Dragon (Y/n) got me. I can't help but blush at the thought, especially picturing (Y/n)'s shy smile when he gave the plush to me last night. I feel a warm heat in my chest as I lay there. What is this feeling? I shake it off and head to my closet. I then start to get ready and get most everything except my shirt on before Kai opens my door. "Hey we got something." He said excitedly before averting his eyes. "Sorry," he says, a bit embarrassed. I finish putting on my shirt turning my attention to him. "No, what's up?" I asked my fiery friend. "Zane was able to find the Fangfish that's been causing problems on the coast." "Great! Let's go." I said before running out of my room with Kai.

........................................................

We had caught the mutated Fangfish and waited on the dock as workers from the aquarium loaded the big fish in a giant tank for transport. Kai and I stand by and notice a young boy and his father rent fishing poles before going to the docks. The sight makes me smile but also a little sad. Kai is congratulating our efforts next to me. "Looks like we made this place safe to fish again." He put his hand on my shoulder before he continued. "If your father was still here, he'd tell you he's proud. You've become a great leader, Lloyd." "No, we're a great team." I say putting my hand on his back and shooting him a small smile. I then look away saying, "Can't say I don't miss him." Our attention is drawn to the other Ninja as they help the workers load the Fangfish in the tank. "It's working!" Cole exclaims as the worker liens the crane holding the fish with the tank. 

The crane then drops the Fangfish in his tank, resulting in splashing the other Ninja. I smile softly at the funny sight. I wish (Y/n) were here. He'd love this. "With my dad gone, sometimes I question where I'm going. Sometimes I worry about who I might become." I tell Kai. I am the son of Lord Garmadon afterall. Kai comes up behind me and gives me a comforting side hug. "I know how that feels. After I lost my dad, I lost my way. But I was lucky to have my sister watch over me. Don't worry, big shot." Kai says before putting me in a headlock and giving me a noogie. "I'll watch over you from now on." He let go of me and gave me a knowing look. "And it seems like I'm not the only one." Kai says with a quirked eyebrow and a smug grin. He knows about (Y/n). I start to blush realizing what he means. "It's nothing. (Y/n) is just a nice guy." Kai shrugs but doesn't seem to believe it. Thankfully Jay calls us over for a picture with our prized catch. It ultimately resulted in the photographer falling off the dock and lots of laughs all around.

........................................................

We flew back and landed our dragons outside the Steep Wisdom Tea Shop. Kai was still bragging about his 'accomplishments.' "I'm just saying, it was big but, I've seen bigger." "As big as your ego?" Jay asks sarcastically. "Right," Zane says with a laugh. Wu then comes out carrying a box. "Ninja, you need to find customers." Wu states. We dispel our Elemental Dragons. "No 'hello, how's it going, glad to hear you saved the day...' again?" Jay states snarky. "Yeah, Sensei. We're all a bit tired. You mind if we handle this tomorrow?" Cole asks my Uncle. "You all have a share if this business succeeds. How else do you expect me to be able to afford all your new uniforms?" Wu states before setting down the box and opening the top. "Which reminds me..." he says, "... your new ones arrived." This caused us all to get excited and look towards the box in anticipation. "What do they look like now?" Kai asks. "Sweet!" Jay exclaims. "I bet they are off the hook." Cole states. Wu then pulls the uniform from the box presenting it to us.